error when installing new version of dotconnect to postgresq

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
zedjr

error when installing new version of dotconnect to postgresq

Post by zedjr » Fri 30 Oct 2009 00:55

i had 4.55.42 trial version of dotconnect to postgresql and installed new version after purchasing it,, now i get this error(38 of them) when i open a project done with the previous version of devart,,The type or namespace name 'Devart' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) here is my log file also,, how do i fix this,, devart seems to work fine as long as i dont open a project done with previous version but i have to work on a project done in a previous version. here is log file
--- Custom action error: ImportMsBuildProject
Date: 10/30/2009 8:44:51 AM
Environment
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7600.0
.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.4927
Assembly: ImportMsBuildProject, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Exception
Message: Access to the path 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Microsoft.Common.targets' is denied.
Type: System.UnauthorizedAccessException
StackTrace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at System.Xml.XmlDOMTextWriter..ctor(String filename, Encoding encoding)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Save(String filename)
at ImportMsBuildProject.Program.Main(String[] args)

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 30 Oct 2009 10:17

This problem is fixed in the upcoming new beta version of dotConnect for PostgreSQL. I will post here when it is available for download.

zedjr

Post by zedjr » Fri 30 Oct 2009 10:27

ok i c a solution download previous version and install,,thanks

zedjr

Post by zedjr » Fri 30 Oct 2009 10:41

well i thought reisntalling the 4.55.42 version would help but now it sais License was not compiled with Standard edition of dotConnect for PostgreSQL. Reinstall dotConnect for PostgreSQL, clear all temporary files, and recompile the application. SO how do i solve this issue.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 30 Oct 2009 16:14

dotConnect for PostgreSQL 4.65.52 Beta is available for download now.
You can download it from Registered Users' Area (for users with valid subscription only).
For more information, please refer to http://www.devart.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16259 .

Please try the Beta version. Notify us about the results.

The error mentioned in your last post can be overcome by cleaning all temporary files from the bin and obj folders of the project, and rebuilding the project.

zedjr

Post by zedjr » Fri 30 Oct 2009 19:08

Could not load file or assembly 'Devart.Data.Linq, Version=1.0.20.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=09af7300eec23701' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
this is the error i get now with using the beta version. Same error as before i guess,, no devart could be found,, so what do i try next?

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 02 Nov 2009 10:48

Probably, you didn't update the references to the Devart assemblies in your project. The 4.65.52 version of dotConnect for PostgreSQL includes Devart.Data.Linq.dll 1.0.23.0, but the error says about Devart.Data.Linq.dll from the previous version.

Please set the Specific Version property of the reference to Devart.Data.Linq.dll to False and notify us about the results.