pgsqlDataAdapter configuration

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
sam

pgsqlDataAdapter configuration

Post by sam » Sun 10 Jul 2005 01:35

Hi, i am new to postgresql database and i am using the latest trial version of the postgresqldirect.net prvider to connect it to .Net(1.1 - visual studio 2003).
I have been able to successfully establish a connection to the postgresql database, and i am now trying to configure a data adapter.

i have two tables in the database named User and Utility. When configuring the Dataadapter and on selecting tableDirect type, the tables appear in the table object name combobox as 'public.User' and 'public.Utility'. when i select any of these names and try and generate the insert ,update and delete commands, i get the error,

relation 'public.User' does not exist

Could you tell me if i am doing something wrong or there is some configuration i have left out.
any help whatsoever will be appreciated

Oleg
Devart Team

Post by Oleg » Thu 14 Jul 2005 06:27

This a known problem. We will fix it in the future releases.
Try correcting name 'public.User' to 'User' in table name text box manually.

Rosa Ríos

Error configuring the pssqldataadapter

Post by Rosa Ríos » Fri 22 Jul 2005 20:52

I have the same problem that Sam, I did what you tell and It didn't work.

What else can I do????

I really need it!

Thanks!

Rosa Ríos

szinkopa

Post by szinkopa » Sat 23 Jul 2005 23:03

Perhaps the root of the problem is that the name of the table (and anything else) is not lowercase. You know there is an issue with PostgreSQL that it is lowering names if it is not quoted. You have to quote the name: "User". But I don't think this works in the IDE.

So the best way is using lowercase letters only, with underlines, such as: 'user_category' or something like this.

Perhaps Pg Direct should quote all names before passing it to Pg server.

Yuri

Post by Yuri » Fri 29 Jul 2005 07:03

Thank you for information.
We reproduced your problem and fixed it. This fix will be included in the next PostgreSqlDirect .NET build.
It will be available in a week.