VS.NET freezes when try to setup PgSqlDataAdapter.TableMapping

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
szinkopa

Post by szinkopa » Sat 02 Jul 2005 07:44

I use VS.NET 7.0 and .NET 1.1, but originally VS.NET installed .NET 1.0. I cannot setup the PgSqlDataAdapter's TableMapping because pushing the ... button the IDE freezes, I have to kill it. What should I do?

szinkopa

Post by szinkopa » Sat 02 Jul 2005 08:10

Perhaps I should connect to the server with the connection component on the form, but I don't know how could I do it at design-time.

Yuri

Post by Yuri » Mon 04 Jul 2005 09:53

szinkopa wrote:I use VS.NET 7.0 and .NET 1.1, but originally VS.NET installed .NET 1.0. I cannot setup the PgSqlDataAdapter's TableMapping because pushing the ... button the IDE freezes, I have to kill it. What should I do?
On setting TableMapping the DataAdapter tries to open a connection associated with SelectCommand. If you specify wrong connection string and a big ConnectionTimeout setting the Studio may stop responding for some time. To have TableMapping working you need to set up PgSqlConnection.ConnectionString right.
szinkopa wrote: Perhaps I should connect to the server with the connection component on the form, but I don't know how could I do it at design-time.
Set PgSqlConnection.State property to Open.