UPGRADE TO V4.5

UPGRADE TO V4.5

Postby JORGEMAL » Thu 04 Jun 2009 17:41

I have dotConnect for PostgreSQL V4.0 installed and working. If I install V4.5 will I have 2 different versions or will V4.0 be replaced?

If 2 versions will be available, will VS0028 have the 2 options in the toolbox to choose from?

Regards,
Jorge Maldonado
JORGEMAL

Postby Shalex » Fri 05 Jun 2009 08:35

Only one version of dotConnect for PostgreSQL can be installed on a machine. If you try to install the second version, you will get the message "Another version fo Devart dotConnect for PostgreSQL product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue."
Shalex
Devart Team

Postby JORGEMAL » Thu 11 Jun 2009 18:58

Shalex wrote:Only one version of dotConnect for PostgreSQL can be installed on a machine. If you try to install the second version, you will get the message "Another version fo Devart dotConnect for PostgreSQL product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue."

Fine. I uninstall V4 and installed V4.5. After that I run the "Upgrade Wizard" and I noticed that it refers to V5.0 as follows:

"This wizard will help you to upgrade your project to dotConnect 5.0 from Devart Data Providers prior versions."

Also, no changes were made to my project; there were only 3 converted files 2 of which are files from the App_Code folder and the other is the "licences.licx" file.
Most of the files reported "No need to convert"; 4 of them did not report any status.

When I load a web form I get an error saying that the "file or assembly could not be loaded".

Is there any additional process besides running the "Upgrade Wizard"? or
Do I need to upgrade manually? If so, what changes should be made and where?

Respectfully,
Jorge Maldonado
JORGEMAL

Postby Shalex » Fri 12 Jun 2009 14:31

Upgrade Wizard is used if you change your version from 3.x to 4.x because there are namespace changes in the 4.00 version. For more information, please refer to http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/postgr ... /?faq.html, the Installation and Deployment part, the How do I upgrade to dotConnect for PostgreSQL 4.00? section. If you upgrade from 4.00 to 4.50, you don't need to use Upgrade Wizard.

Please specify the full text of the error you are getting now. Maybe you need to change the references in your project to the assemblies from the new version of dotConnect for Postgresql?
Shalex
Devart Team

Postby JORGEMAL » Fri 12 Jun 2009 16:28

Shalex wrote:Upgrade Wizard is used if you change your version from 3.x to 4.x because there are namespace changes in the 4.00 version. For more information, please refer to http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/postgr ... /?faq.html, the Installation and Deployment part, the How do I upgrade to dotConnect for PostgreSQL 4.00? section. If you upgrade from 4.00 to 4.50, you don't need to use Upgrade Wizard.

Please specify the full text of the error you are getting now. Maybe you need to change the references in your project to the assemblies from the new version of dotConnect for Postgresql?

That is precisely what I need, the references to the assemblies. The following is the message I get:

Could not load file or assembly 'Devart.Data.PostgreSql.Web, Version 4.0.12.0, Culture=neutral, Public Key Token=09af7300eec230701' or one of its dependencies.

Where do I get the information for this changes?
I am also using membership provider.

Regards,
Jorge Maldonado
JORGEMAL

Postby Shalex » Fri 12 Jun 2009 16:57

Please look through the web.config file of your web application and change the old versions of the Devart.* assemblies to the new version you have installed. E.g., change the version of Devart.Data.PostgreSql.Web from 4.0.12.0 to your current version in the assemblies tag.

Check the correct versions of your current Devart.* assemblies in the folder of dotConnect for PostgreSQL installation.
Shalex
Devart Team

Return to dotConnect for PostgreSQL