Simple Crystal Report in VB.Net 2008

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
stroyer74

Simple Crystal Report in VB.Net 2008

Post by stroyer74 » Thu 07 Aug 2008 15:10

I am doing a sample report in Visual Studio 2008 (VB.Net) using PostgreSQLDirect.Net Pro Edition Ver 3.70.29.0.

I have created my Data Source and am able to preview the preview the data while in the dataset designer - so I know I am making a connection to the Postgres server.

I add a new Crystal Report to my project using the report wizard. I select my data source as "Project Data, ADO.NET DataSets, testreports.HumanResourceDataSet, employee". I select all fields to show, no grouping, no filters.

When I preview the report, I am getting information that does not come from my table - things like "Aqua", "Navy", "Green", "Monday", "Sunday", etc.

If I do another report but use my ODBC connection to the same table, the report previews with the correct information.

Anyone have any experience with this issue coming up?

Thanks,
Sheldon

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Fri 08 Aug 2008 13:50

Please refer to our samples:

%Program Files%\CoreLab\PostgreSQLDirect.NET2\Samples\All Languages\Crystal\VB\Crystal.vbproj

or

%Program Files%\CoreLab\PostgreSQLDirect.NET2\Samples\WinForms\VisualBasic.sln

For the second sample: after conversion you should remove the file
%Program Files%\CoreLab\PostgreSQLDirect.NET2\Samples\WinForms\VB\Crystal\ReportDataSet.vb
from the project

The versions of samples for VS 2008 will be available in the nearest builds.