New version 3.70 is not working with typed dataset.

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
manuel.romero

New version 3.70 is not working with typed dataset.

Post by manuel.romero » Mon 02 Jun 2008 08:51

Hello everybody,

I'm working with Visual Studio 2008 and today I have updated my postgres provider to the new version 3.70, and now in the project I was working before I can't create, edit or use my typed datasets.

The wizard is creating them but then I can't add them to the forms or edit again with the wizard because it doesn't detect the existing typed dataset.

I have the same problem if I try to add a object "PgSqlDataset" and to use a typed dataset with it because the list is empty although I have 2 typed dataset in my project. (One was created with the old version and the other one was created with the new version)

What is happening? I don't think I have to start again all my project due to an update.

Regards,

Manuel Romero

Alexey.mdr

Post by Alexey.mdr » Mon 02 Jun 2008 12:53

Hello Manuel,

Try recompiling the project.
This should solve the problem.

Regards,
Alexey.

manuel.romero

Post by manuel.romero » Mon 02 Jun 2008 16:00

Hello!

OK now it works, thanks for your reply. I have to delete and insert the references too. But are the bugs with the edition of typed dataset (lost changes and lost datalinks) still there?

I had tried and I have the same problems, but for the datalinks if I close everything when I open again I recovered them like you said me.

Thanks a lots.

Regards,

Manuel Romero

Alexey.mdr

Post by Alexey.mdr » Tue 03 Jun 2008 07:53

Hello Manuel,

The bug with DataLink component has been already fixed, but unfortunately the new build doesn't include the fix.
It's likely we will make next build with this and some other fixes in two-tree weeks.

Regards,
Alexey.