Questions about Fill, Serial, Update, Delete

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for PostgreSQL
CNPSV

Questions about Fill, Serial, Update, Delete

Post by CNPSV » Fri 02 Nov 2007 09:57

I am interesting in buying PostgreSQLDirect for .net but I have some questions:
- if I have a field of type "serial" why doesn't the direct connector recognize the field as Serial.
- if I have a dataGridView, how can I autoFill and autoUpdate, from the designer
- if I have in postgreSql a not null field, why can I enter a new field with a null value and no message or exception is shown / thrown.

Maybe I am doing something wrong with the wizard, that's why I am looking for some simple tutorials.

Alexey

Re: Questions about Fill, Serial, Update, Delete

Post by Alexey » Mon 05 Nov 2007 08:19

CNPSV wrote:- if I have a field of type "serial" why doesn't the direct connector recognize the field as Serial.
Serial its just an integer type with sequence. That's why we map it to System.Int.
CNPSV wrote:- if I have a dataGridView, how can I autoFill and autoUpdate, from the designer
You need to use "With refresh SQL" option when configuring PgSQlDataTable comtrol.
CNPSV wrote:- if I have in postgreSql a not null field, why can I enter a new field with a null value and no message or exception is shown / thrown.
Please describe the problem in detail. Send me a small test project to reproduce the problem. Include the definition of your own database objects. Use e-mail address provided in the Readme.txt file.
Do not use third party components.