Unicode problem with Enterprise Library

Unicode problem with Enterprise Library

Postby richard » Wed 05 Sep 2007 21:12

I am using Enterprise Library (January 2006) and the Corelab driver 2.55.25.0. I have found that unicode characters in the database (such as ©) are correct in pgAdmin, but appear as © when retrieved from the database using EL.

Shouldn't the EL driver perform the conversion? The database is set to UTF8 encoding.
richard
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue 05 Sep 2006 14:53
Location: Full

Postby Alexey » Thu 06 Sep 2007 12:19

Please send me a test project to reproduce the problem.
It is desirable to use 'test' schema objects, otherwise include definition of your own database objects.
Use e-mail address provided in the Readme file.
Do not use third party components.
Alexey
 
Posts: 2756
Joined: Mon 13 Mar 2006 07:43

Postby richard » Thu 06 Sep 2007 15:10

I will try to find some time to put that together, but since this is a pretty simple test case, I would think your team could easily set this up.

Furthermore, there is a history of Unicode related issues in the forums, all of which have been fixed, but none yet reported in Enterprise Library.
richard
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue 05 Sep 2006 14:53
Location: Full

Postby Alexey » Thu 06 Sep 2007 16:23

I will be looking forward to your test project and database objects definition.
Alexey
 
Posts: 2756
Joined: Mon 13 Mar 2006 07:43

Postby richard » Mon 10 Sep 2007 14:52

I have sent a test project that reproduces the problem to support@crlab.com.
richard
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue 05 Sep 2006 14:53
Location: Full

Postby Alexey » Wed 12 Sep 2007 11:25

I haven't received your letter.
Please resend it to me directly (alexeyi at crlab dot com).
Alexey
 
Posts: 2756
Joined: Mon 13 Mar 2006 07:43

Postby Alexey » Wed 19 Sep 2007 12:35

What database encoding do you have?
Please set Unicode attribute of the connection string to True.
Alexey
 
Posts: 2756
Joined: Mon 13 Mar 2006 07:43

Postby richard » Thu 20 Sep 2007 18:31

I confirm that the Unicode attribute fixes the problem. Hopefully nobody else will get caught by this in the future, as it's not obvious.
richard
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue 05 Sep 2006 14:53
Location: Full

Postby Alexey » Fri 21 Sep 2007 07:48

I think it is obvious.
From our documentation:
Gets or sets a value indicating whether the UTF8 charset will be used.
true, if client charset UTF8 is used; false, if default client charset is used. The default value is false.
Alexey
 
Posts: 2756
Joined: Mon 13 Mar 2006 07:43


Return to dotConnect for PostgreSQL