Howto read PRAGMA user_version?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for SQLite
bairog

Howto read PRAGMA user_version?

Post by bairog » Wed 02 Dec 2015 05:35

Hello.
Are there any classes for reading PRAGMA database properties while using Entity Framework Code-First approach (I'm especially interested in user_version)?
And howto read user_version of a given SQLite database file (for example \\NETWORK SHARE\test.db) in situation when I don't use DbContext?

Thank you.

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Howto read PRAGMA user_version?

Post by Shalex » Thu 03 Dec 2015 08:59

There are no Entity Framework specific classes for working with user_version pragma. Either create a new ADO.NET connection or access an existing one within a context (var connection = ((IObjectContextAdapter)myDbContext).ObjectContext.Connection;) and execute PRAGMA statements via SQLiteCommand.

bairog

Post by bairog » Tue 13 Jun 2017 13:19

Hello again.
I use the following code to read user_version:

Code: Select all

((IObjectContextAdapter)myDbContext).ObjectContext.ExecuteStoreQuery<long>("PRAGMA user_version").FirstOrDefault()
and following code to change user_version:

((IObjectContextAdapter)myDbContext).ObjectContext.ExecuteStoreCommand("PRAGMA user_version=XX")
It works perfect for one database.
But when I use one main database and several attached (with different user_version value) - how can I read them all (using .ToList() instead of .FirstOrDefault() returns list with only one element for me)?
And change each one separately?
Thank you in advance.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 16 Jun 2017 17:44

Here is an SQLite documenation: https://sqlite.org/pragma.html#pragma_user_version.

Please specify the exact PRAGMA command you are using to return a result set of user_version values for all (main and attached) databases.

bairog

Post by bairog » Mon 19 Jun 2017 12:38

Thank you.

((IObjectContextAdapter)myDbContext).ObjectContext.ExecuteStoreQuery<long>("PRAGMA main.user_version").FirstOrDefault();
and

((IObjectContextAdapter)myDbContext).ObjectContext.ExecuteStoreQuery<long>("PRAGMA AttachedDatabaseName1.user_version").FirstOrDefault();
works perfectly.