what better way to work with cached updates when I have triggers and procedures using firebird?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
gss200610

what better way to work with cached updates when I have triggers and procedures using firebird?

Post by gss200610 » Sat 17 Feb 2018 17:37

Hello everyone. what better way to work with cached updates when I have triggers and procedures that I need to capture values of them using firebird?

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: what better way to work with cached updates when I have triggers and procedures using firebird?

Post by ViktorV » Thu 22 Feb 2018 11:53

Please specify the essence of your question in more detail. Your current question is very extensive and can affect both the functionality of our components and the principles of working with databases.

gss200610

Re: what better way to work with cached updates when I have triggers and procedures using firebird?

Post by gss200610 » Thu 22 Feb 2018 12:35

right. I would like to know how best to work with firebird using cached updates when I need to retrieve certain values from procedures.
I have a value recalculation procedure that with each item insertion I do the calculation, I would like to know how to do it, if the procedure is going to fetch all the time in the bank, and the procedure calculates values in the item table, or I will have to use I calculate via code myself?

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Fri 23 Feb 2018 11:15

For a quicker response, please compose a small sample demonstrating the specified behavior and send it to us using the contact form https://devart.com/company/contactform.html, including scripts for creating and filling database objects.

fduenas

Post by fduenas » Thu 01 Mar 2018 12:46

What I supose. Is how to refresh data from the server after the changes are posted.

For example you have some fields in a table record, which values are calculated and updated to the table record at serverside on a trigger, via inside the same trigger or that trigger call a procedure.

So what he means is how to refresh those fields after a posting records (beause it can be more than one record sent to the server) to the server (applyupdates) in a dataset which has CachedUpdates := true.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Fri 02 Mar 2018 11:07

To return the value of field value generated on the server-side, you should set the TUniQuery.DMLRefresh property to True. See more details about this property in the UniDAC help: https://devart.com/unidac/docs/index.ht ... efresh.htm