Integrated Security not working in 7.2.5

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
rfbeiboer

Integrated Security not working in 7.2.5

Post by rfbeiboer » Fri 26 Jan 2018 09:35

Hi,

Since UniDAC's last update to 7.2.5 I cannot use the "Integrated Security=true" anymore in my connection string in order to connect to a Ms SQL database. I was using this to use my current Windows user credentials to log in to the database. Everytime I tried to connect to the database an error was indicating that it could not log in to the database with user = sa. The sa user cannot login to my database, so that is correct, but I did not specify that user in my connection string at all.

I found out that replacing it by "Authentication=auWindows" would solve the issue.

Now I am wondering, why did it use to work with the previous version of UniDAC, and why doesn't it work anymore with the 7.2.5 version? And what is the difference between the two parameters anyway?

Stellar
Devart Team

Re: Integrated Security not working in 7.2.5

Post by Stellar » Tue 30 Jan 2018 12:59

Thank you for the information, we will fix setting the connection parameters to the database from the connection string in the next UniDAC build.
Now, in order to solve the issue, in the connection string, you can replace "Integrated Security=True" with "Authentication=Windows" before assigning a connection string.