TUniDump and Oracle

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
MR2018

TUniDump and Oracle

Post by MR2018 » Tue 23 Jan 2018 15:19

I use TUniDump with MySQL and it works great. Should it also work with Oracle? I have TUniConnection to Oracle server and able use TUniquery to find number of records in a table. Using the same connection and TUniDump creates exception with BackupToFile() procedure. Also getting tablenames from connection works. Oracle version is 11R2, 32bit client using UniDAC 7.2.5.

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: TUniDump and Oracle

Post by MaximG » Tue 30 Jan 2018 08:02

UniDump when working with OracleUniProvider does not have the capabilities available when using MySQLUniProvider. You can use UniDump to compose a script for inserting data from certain Oracle tables specified in the UniDump.TableNames property

MR2018

Post by MR2018 » Wed 31 Jan 2018 08:37

Ok, the short answer would be that UniDump works only with MySQL databases and providers? Documentation does not give such a clear view. Might be easier to work with UniQuery in case Oracle database.

ertank

Post by ertank » Wed 31 Jan 2018 13:55

I am using UniDump on PostgreSQL, SQLite, SQL Server. As to my knowledge it works on all database systems. However, each database system has different support for "bulk loading". UniLoader is designed to bulk load data.

However, each database system has different or no support for bulk loading. You should be able to use it with Oracle (I do not have Oracle to test). However, same data might load faster when used with MySQL, or it maybe slower on FirebirdSQL or some other database system. It all depends on database system itself.

I believe short answer would be: UniDump loads data as fast as possible depending on database system that data is loaded into.

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Fri 02 Feb 2018 15:30

The functionality you are interested in is present in our product dbForge Studio : https://www.devart.com/dbforge/oracle/s ... tures.html
If you need these functions in UniDAC when working with Oracle DB, you can leave your suggestions at our UserVoice page http://devart.uservoice.com/forums/1046 ... 939-unidac, and if there are many votes for your suggestion, we will implement it.