x64 provider comilation error

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
dudulajac

x64 provider comilation error

Post by dudulajac » Wed 16 Aug 2017 09:35

My Delphi is XE5 with UniDAC version 5.1.4 installed. When using InterBase provider I got compile error: F2048 Bad unit format: 'D:\UniDAC\Source\Delphi19\InterBaseUniProvider.dcu' - Expected version: 26.0, Windows Unicode(x64) Found version: 26.0, Windows Unicode(x86). Package ibprovider190.dpk has no option for x64 bit compiling (probably because it is design time package), so I see no way to compile application. When I remove Provider component (and InterBaseUniProvider unit), compiling is OK. The same states for MySQLUniProvider.

Thanks

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: x64 provider comilation error

Post by ViktorV » Wed 16 Aug 2017 11:33

This error occurs if the compiled InterBaseUniProvider module for Win32 platform is present in the path specified for Win64 platform. To solve the issue, you should specify the path to the compiled InterBaseUniProvider module for Win64 platform or to the source file InterBaseUniProvider.pas.
Try to reinstall UniDAC for Embarcadero RAD Studio XE5 using the make-file.
Installation of UniDAC from sources using the make-file is described in the supplied ReadmeSrc.html file.
If this does not help in resolving the problem, please try the following:
- close RAD Studio XE5;
- remove all *dac*.bpl and crcontrols*.bpl files from your computer (please make sure there are no such files on your computer);
- download and install UniDAC Professional Edition for RAD Studio XE5 from our website (secure.devart.com);
- include previously downloaded source files. For this, add the UniDAC\Source directory to "Library Path" for all platforms you want to work with (32-bit Windows, 64-bit Windows, Mac OS, iOS simulator, iOS device, Android).

dudulajac

Post by dudulajac » Wed 16 Aug 2017 12:06

Thank you- it does help, when I include path to provider source. I intend to try makefile solution later, also.

Regards

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Wed 16 Aug 2017 12:19

It is good to see that the problem has been solved.
Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions about our products.