Unit 'DBAccess" not found when compiling for iOS 64bit

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
nannoc

Unit 'DBAccess" not found when compiling for iOS 64bit

Post by nannoc » Fri 11 Aug 2017 12:55

I am using RAD Studio 10.2 Trial with UniDAC Trial components. When compiling for Win 32, it works fine, but when compiling for iOS 64bit, I keep on getting error as per subject above.

Paths are set in "Environment Options->Delphi Options->Library" for each platform, but still won't compile.

It seems like the IDE can't fine "DBAccess, Uni" under "uses".

Could you please point me in the right direction.

Thank you.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: Unit 'DBAccess" not found when compiling for iOS 64bit

Post by ViktorV » Fri 11 Aug 2017 13:07

Unfortunately, we cannot reproduce the issue on the latest version UniDAC 7.0.2 trial Edition for RAD Studio 10.2 Tokyo.
Please try to perform the following steps and let us know the results:
Uninstall UniDAC. Run RAD Studio 10.2.
1) In the main menu select Tools->Options, in the appeared window select Environment Options->Delphi Options->Library.
2) In the 'Select Platform' combobox select the iOS Device 32-bit value;
3) Open the 'Library path' editor;
4) Delete all the paths related to UniDAC - these paths values include 'UniDAC for RAD Studio 10.2';
5) Repeat steps 2-4 for the 'Select Platform' combobox value: 32-bit Windows, 64-bit Windows, Android, OS X, iOS Simulator, iOS Device 64-bit, 64-bit Linux.

Install UniDAC. Perform steps 1-3. The following paths should be set for UniDAC For the 'Select Platform' combobox values:

32-bit Windows

C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\UniDAC for RAD Studio 10.2\Lib\Win32
C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\UniDAC for RAD Studio 10.2\Bin\Win32
C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\UniDAC for RAD Studio 10.2\Source\NexusDBProvider

iOS Device 32-bit
C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\UniDAC for RAD Studio 10.2\Lib\iOSDevice32

iOS Device 64-bit
C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\UniDAC for RAD Studio 10.2\Lib\iOSDevice64

Android
C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\UniDAC for RAD Studio 10.2\Lib\Android

OS X
C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\UniDAC for RAD Studio 10.2\Lib\OSX32
C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\UniDAC for RAD Studio 10.2\Bin\OSX32

64-bit Windows
C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\UniDAC for RAD Studio 10.2\Lib\Win64
C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\UniDAC for RAD Studio 10.2\Bin\Win64
C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\UniDAC for RAD Studio 10.2\Source\NexusDBProvider

iOS Simulator
C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\UniDAC for RAD Studio 10.2\Lib\iOSSimulator

64-bit Linux
C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\UniDAC for RAD Studio 10.2\Lib\Linux64
C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\UniDAC for RAD Studio 10.2\Bin\Linux64

Important: for each platform, only its own paths for UniDAC should be set - not all. If these values do not match, please correct them according to the table of values above and let us know about it.

nannoc

Post by nannoc » Fri 11 Aug 2017 13:22

I followed the above steps, but still did not work. I then added the following as an include in my unit :

{$include 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\UniDAC for RAD Studio 10.2\Include\iOSDevice64\myprovider250.hpp';}

It now has NO errors in my editor, but shows an error in the included file (myprovider250.hpp)

Am I including the .hpp file incorrectly?

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Fri 11 Aug 2017 13:34

Please specify the edition of your RAD Studio 10.2 Tokyo version.

nannoc

Post by nannoc » Fri 11 Aug 2017 13:43

ViktorV wrote:Please specify the edition of your RAD Studio 10.2 Tokyo version.

Architect (Trial Edition)

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Fri 11 Aug 2017 13:57

To install UniDAC with iOS support, the IDE must have iOS support installed (this also applies to other platforms). Please run the RAD Studio 10.2 Tokyo installer and install iOS support, as well as other required platforms. Then, run the UniDAC installer.

nannoc

Post by nannoc » Fri 11 Aug 2017 14:22

ViktorV wrote:To install UniDAC with iOS support, the IDE must have iOS support installed (this also applies to other platforms). Please run the RAD Studio 10.2 Tokyo installer and install iOS support, as well as other required platforms. Then, run the UniDAC installer.
Thank you Viktor, I will check and report back.

nannoc

Post by nannoc » Fri 11 Aug 2017 18:12

ViktorV wrote:To install UniDAC with iOS support, the IDE must have iOS support installed (this also applies to other platforms). Please run the RAD Studio 10.2 Tokyo installer and install iOS support, as well as other required platforms. Then, run the UniDAC installer.
It is working, thank you very much Viktor.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Tue 15 Aug 2017 10:09

Glad to see that the issue was resolved.
Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions about our products.

nannoc

Post by nannoc » Fri 18 Aug 2017 09:55

ViktorV wrote:Glad to see that the issue was resolved.
Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions about our products.
Thank you for you assistance Viktor.

I am re-writing an application I wrote in Delphi XE2 where I import data from an Interbase db server into a MySql db on Google Cloud SQL. In XE2 I used your MyDAC and IBDAC components. I am now using RAD Studio 10.2 and obviously have to upgrade to your components for 10.2. I have two questions:

1. Do you recommend using MyDAC and IBDAC or should I use UniDAC instead?
2. Would I be able to Migrate flawlessly from XE2 components to 10.2 components ?

Keep in mind that I will also be writing mobile apps where I will be using SQLite to store data on the device and would have to sync data stored on the device (SQLite) with MySQL on a remote server when there is an internet connection, unless there is a better way of doing this.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Fri 18 Aug 2017 11:04

1. UniDAC is a universal set of components that provides a transparent server-independent interface for working with different databases (for example InterBase, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle and others).
However, IBDAC has access to more server-specific features such as administration services, extended transaction support and so on; MyDAC has access to more server-specific features of MySQL Server, like MyBackup, MyServerControl, and MyEmbConnection. You can learn more about IBDAC features here: http://devart.com/ibdac/features.html, about MyDAC features here: https://devart.com/mydac/features.html and about UniDAC features here: http://devart.com/unidac/features.html.
So, if you want to use server-specific functionality of each database server, it's better to use specific DAC components. If you are not interested in using server-specific features, you can use UniDAC.
UniDAC uses each DAC components functionality, so you will have almost the same performance with UniDAC and specific DAC components.
2. The source codes of our DAC products, within the same version, are similar for all IDEs.

nannoc

Post by nannoc » Fri 18 Aug 2017 13:53

ViktorV wrote:1. UniDAC is a universal set of components that provides a transparent server-independent interface for working with different databases (for example InterBase, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle and others).
However, IBDAC has access to more server-specific features such as administration services, extended transaction support and so on; MyDAC has access to more server-specific features of MySQL Server, like MyBackup, MyServerControl, and MyEmbConnection. You can learn more about IBDAC features here: http://devart.com/ibdac/features.html, about MyDAC features here: https://devart.com/mydac/features.html and about UniDAC features here: http://devart.com/unidac/features.html.
So, if you want to use server-specific functionality of each database server, it's better to use specific DAC components. If you are not interested in using server-specific features, you can use UniDAC.
UniDAC uses each DAC components functionality, so you will have almost the same performance with UniDAC and specific DAC components.
2. The source codes of our DAC products, within the same version, are similar for all IDEs.

Thank you for your prompt response Viktor. I will have a look at the features.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Fri 18 Aug 2017 13:57

Thank you for the interest in our products.
Please contact us if you have any questions about our products.