UniDAC and FireDAC in the same Android app?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
Frazz

UniDAC and FireDAC in the same Android app?

Post by Frazz » Fri 21 Jul 2017 13:08

Hi,

I am working on a wrapper for UniDAC and FireDAC and have a single suite of tests that are being executed twice (once per DAC)... I do this by registering two subclasses of the same TestCase that only provide a reference to the specific DAC to use (test methods are all implemented in the superclass). This all works well enough on Win32 and Win64.

But I'd like to run it on Android now and I have problems during the linking phase:
E2597 C:\Users\Public\Documents\...: multiple definition of 'sqlite3_aggregate_context'
... about 200 of these errors (they differ only in the name of the method at the end of the line)... followed by a final:
[DCC Fatal Error] F2588 Linker error code: 1 ($00000001)

STFW I suspect this could be due to my having tried to link, in the same application both UniDAC (with its SQLiteProvider) and FireDAC (with its own). Tests are limited to SQLite for now. I have no idea of why this may bother the Android build and not the Windows build though.

I could break the suite in 2 or 3 different apps, but it will take some time and I'd rather be sure that this is the problem before I proceed. Does anyone have ideas or clues?

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: UniDAC and FireDAC in the same Android app?

Post by MaximG » Mon 02 Oct 2017 05:32

We tested the shared use of FireDAC and UniDAC when developing applications for the Android platform and are sure of the correctness of your conclusions. Indeed, the error you described will occur when implementing similar projects. The reason for this behavior is not errors in any of the products, but the peculiarities of using the linker for the Android platform in the RAD Studio environment. Therefore, to avoid such issues, use FireDAC and UniDAC in various projects.

Tyma65

Post by Tyma65 » Fri 24 Nov 2017 16:20

Hi,

i have IBDac 6.1.4, Delphi 10.1 Berlin and Firebird 3.
Can an android app remotely access a firebird server?

Thank you.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Mon 27 Nov 2017 15:07

You can connect to Firebird 3 from Android platform using UniDAC. Support for Firebird on Android platform is added to UniDAC 7.1.3 as of 19-Sep-17.
You can use the client library provided with Firebird 3 distribution for Android: https://www.firebirdsql.org/en/firebird-3-0/#Android