SQLite: Batch Execute fails if within a transaction

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
tommy

SQLite: Batch Execute fails if within a transaction

Post by tommy » Wed 19 Jul 2017 07:24

When using the batch version of Execute (i.e. Iters>1) with SQLite, this command fails when being used within a transaction:

"cannot start a transaction within a transaction"

Oberserved behavior: Obviously, Execute tries to create a new transaction.

Expected behavior: If a transaction is already active, it should be used and only a Savepoint should be created.

tommy

Re: SQLite: Batch Execute fails if within a transaction

Post by tommy » Tue 22 Aug 2017 16:17

May I kindly ask whether I'm doing something wrong or this is a bug in the implementation?

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Wed 23 Aug 2017 11:26

UniDAC work as you describe: if the transaction is run by a user, then Savepoint is created. Please make sure that you are using the latest UniDAC 7.0.2. version.
Please make sure that the issue is reproduced on the latest UniDAC 7.0.2 version. If it is, please compose a small sample demonstrating the described behavior and send it using the contact form https://www.devart.com/company/contactform.html including scripts for creating database objects. Also, please specify the used IDE version.

tommy

Post by tommy » Wed 23 Aug 2017 12:20

Ok, thank you very much for your information. I will check and create a small test program.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Mon 28 Aug 2017 13:03

When you get any results concerning this question, please let us know.