"Cannot convert type" with TimeStamp Parameter

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
luiz.clazzer

"Cannot convert type" with TimeStamp Parameter

Post by luiz.clazzer » Mon 27 Mar 2017 14:07

Hello,
I'm migrating my server applications from DBExpress to UniDac an I've a problem using TUniQuery with a timestamp parameter.

I can set the timestamp parameter with correct date and time (as well formated SqlTimSt.StrToSQLTimeStamp).
But as soon as open a TClientDataSet (cds that is connected in TDataSetProvider, and Provider is connected in TUniQuery) I get an error: "cannot convert type".

The same test using Firebird DB is sucessefully.
And more, this case using DbExpress + "dbExpress driver for Oracle" (DBXOda) also works.

I am doing something wrong?
Thanks.

azyk
Devart Team

Re: "Cannot convert type" with TimeStamp Parameter

Post by azyk » Tue 04 Apr 2017 10:37

Please, specify the DBMS and the field data type in the DB table where the specified error occurs.

luiz.clazzer

Post by luiz.clazzer » Tue 04 Apr 2017 11:38

At two cases:
UniDac + Oracle 11g Express (11.2) + "DATE" Field in DB;
UniDac + Oracle 11g Express (11.2) + "TIMESTAMP(6)" Field in DB;

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Wed 05 Apr 2017 12:50

We checked UniDAC behavior when working with SQLTimeStamp parameter type using Oracle 11 XE. Unfortunately, we could not reproduce the described problem. Please compose and send us a small sample in which the problem occurs using the e-support form ( https://www.devart.com menu "Support"\"Request Support" ).