Berlin 10.1: Where did TUniLoader/TUniMetaData go?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
SteveSneed

Berlin 10.1: Where did TUniLoader/TUniMetaData go?

Post by SteveSneed » Fri 10 Feb 2017 17:14

I recently installed Berlin to start bringing my XE2 projects up to current, and installed the latest UniDAC release into both versions of the IDEs. The XE2 projects all compile and run fine, but when bringing over my first project to Berlin, I discovered that the TUniLoader and TUniMetaData components seem to have disappeared - they exist in dclunidac160.bpl for XE2, they don't in dclunidac240.bpl for Berlin. Did I do something wrong during installation, or did those components get dropped from Berlin for some reason?

Thanks!

Steve

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: Berlin 10.1: Where did TUniLoader/TUniMetaData go?

Post by MaximG » Wed 15 Feb 2017 07:47

TUniLoader and TUniMetaData are still included in UniDAC, and also in UniDAC for Embarcadero RAD Studio 10.1 Berlin . Please check it by performing the following steps :

- open the menu "Component\Install packages ...."
- design package. “Devart Universal Data Access Components”
- click the "Components" button

In the appeared components list there should be TUniLoader and TUniMetaData . If for any reason they are not, try to remove and install again the latest version of UniDAC 6.4.16

SteveSneed

Post by SteveSneed » Wed 15 Feb 2017 20:45

OK, I uninstalled and re-installed 6.4.16: no change; the two components (and some others) were still missing from dclunidac240.BPL. So I uninstalled 6.4.16 and went back to 6.4.14, and all of the missing components re-appeared.

But in doing this I discovered something else: my copy of the 6.4.16 Berlin installer is "std" while my 6.4.14 installers (both Berlin and XE2) are "pro". Are those missing components part of the professional release but not the standard one? In any event, it appears that my corporate purchasing person mistakenly ordered the std release when she ordered our upgrade; my previous license was for the pro version. I'll get that corrected.

Thanks,
Steve Sneed

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Thu 16 Feb 2017 08:17

You are right. The TUniLoader and TUniMetaData components are not included in UniDAC Standard Edition. The differences description between UniDAC editions is available by the link : https://www.devart.com/unidac/editions.html