TVirtualTable : Append records from file

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
Mahmood_M

TVirtualTable : Append records from file

Post by Mahmood_M » Fri 20 Jan 2017 09:03

Hi
I have a VirtualTable that fill with records from a file, next time I want to append some other records from another file into VirtualTable but it seems there is no method to append from file
The main Scenario is :
First Time one request will send to server from client, on server side with VirtualTable.SaveToFile() one file will be created and sent to client. In client a VirtualTable loads records from the file, next time I want to get more ( next part of ) records, there is no problem on server side, but the problem is I want to append next file to the current records of Virtual table
I found this method :
AppendRecord(Values : Array of TVarRec);
but how I can use this method and loads records from a file ?

AlexP
Devart Team

Re: TVirtualTable : Append records from file

Post by AlexP » Mon 23 Jan 2017 08:59

Hello,

This behavior is not provided, however you can implement it by yourself using additional VirtualTable.
I mean to upload a new file into temporary TVirtualTable, then for example in a loop through this table to take records and insert into the main table. Or use our TCRBatchMove component for automatic data transfer from temporary TVirtualTable into the main one.