segment buffer length shorter than expected

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
pmoegenb

segment buffer length shorter than expected

Post by pmoegenb » Wed 27 Jun 2012 08:09

UniDac 4.1.6 und 4.2.7, Firebird Embendded 2.5.1

I have a strange phenomenon here. I start the 32-bit version of a program is all OK. I start the 64-bit version, however, it I get this error message.

The matching client files are of course in the respective directory.

The cause is due to a BLOB field subtype 0 size 2.048. I remove the graphics contained therein, is running the 64-bit version.

I can not explain unfortunately that to me.

ZEuS
Devart Team

Re: segment buffer length shorter than expected

Post by ZEuS » Wed 27 Jun 2012 13:24

Unfortunately, we cannot reproduce the problem.
Please try to create a small sample that demonstrates the problem, including a script to create the test database and the test table, and send it to eugeniyz*devart*com.

RandySill

Post by RandySill » Sun 23 Apr 2017 00:30

I have received this error as well and may be able to provide additional information. The error occurs for me on Backup of the Interbase database after using UniDAC to write image BLOB data to a table. The table still works and the image streams correctly, but the database can no longer be backed up using the normal IBConsole backup. 32-bit application, 32-bit Interbase on linux though not the latest version. Unable to upgrade Interbase at this time due to 3rd party UDFs unavailable for the new version.

If the images are cleared from the table, the backup succeeds. Additional image added to the table, the backup again fails.

Ideas?

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Thu 27 Apr 2017 13:44

Unfortunately, we could not reproduce the problem on the latest version UniDAC 7.0.1
Please check whether the problem occurs on the latest version of UniDAC 7.0.1.
If it does not help to solve the issue, please compose a small sample demonstrating the issue and send it to us using the contact form https://www.devart.com/company/contactform.html, including scripts for creating and filling database objects. Also, please specify the InterBase version you are using.

RandySill

Post by RandySill » Thu 27 Apr 2017 15:23

The issue occurs in both 6.3.13 and 7.0.1 versions. Interbase version is 2009 for Linux. I will put together a small demonstration application as soon as I can. Thanks!

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Fri 28 Apr 2017 09:04

Thank you for your interest to our product.
When you have results on this issue, please let us know.