Why can not edit? Why quit when you will be frozen 1-2 secon

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
zhbj

Why can not edit? Why quit when you will be frozen 1-2 secon

Post by zhbj » Wed 10 Nov 2010 07:47

Hello, using the unidao 3.0.0.9, to access SQL server 2005, WinXp & 7.
Use FetchAll = False, uniQuery, FetchRows = 25, all other default values,

1, open data, edit, save, the system hung up, or if the first run last ,or sort, normal.

2, close the open data, if not in the database server machine (no such phenomenon in the machine), the system will appear for 2 seconds or so of stagnation,
You can then shut down. If the first run last, or sorting, is also normal.

3, if FetchAll = True, or access to access the database, these problems do not exist.

4, less than the number of records if the FetchRows, 1,2 a problem occurs, if FetchRows greater than the number of records, no such problem 1,2.

5, the table has a primary key field, SQL statement is the basic SELECT * from TAB1. Using the trial version 3.50.0.12, seemed to have this problem.

Please help to solve the possible problems. Thanks, poor English, please forgive me! :roll: :D

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Thu 11 Nov 2010 08:22

Hello,

The point is that in some cases the process of fetching of all data from the server can start automatically. This can happen when you are using the Locate or Last methods of the TUniTable or TUniQuery components and in some other situations. Please check what piece of the code causes the application to freeze.

zhbj

Post by zhbj » Thu 11 Nov 2010 14:06

AndreyZ wrote:Hello,

The point is that in some cases the process of fetching of all data from the server can start automatically. This can happen when you are using the Locate or Last methods of the TUniTable or TUniQuery components and in some other situations. Please check what piece of the code causes the application to freeze.
I mean, if I use FetchAll = False, edited and saved, the system stops responding, only using a data-aware of the dbgrid.
In addition,open uniquer,then close the database will be frozen for 2 seconds, without any other code, just uniquery.close;

But if FetchAll = True, these two issues do not exist. Why?

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Thu 11 Nov 2010 16:04

I could not reproduce the problem. Please send me a complete small sample to andreyz*devart*com to demonstrate the problem, including a script to create a table.

zhbj

Thank you for your support, problem-solving.

Post by zhbj » Mon 15 Nov 2010 00:38

The original is because the database is access to promotion, the promotion of the database after the primary key index aggregation properties not open to re-create the look or change it solve the problem!
Thank you again!

原来是因为数据库是 access 升迁来的,升迁后的数据库主键索引没有开启 聚集属性,重新创建一下或者改一下问题解决!
再次感谢你们!

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Wed 17 Nov 2010 09:32

Am I right that you solved this problem?