Query on board style

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
hughespa

Query on board style

Post by hughespa » Mon 26 Jul 2010 04:28

Hi,

This isn't really related to UniDAC but I couldn't find a general forum.

Why is it that I sometimes see a board style setting when editing my profile and other times it is not there?

I wanted to change styles to see if I could fix an issue with highlighted words (after doing a forum search). Currently the search target words display as blank spaces within the sentence. That is, the highlighted target word font colour seems to be the same as the background colour. You can only see the words if you select them with the mouse.

Only a minor issue but I thought I'd see if anything can be done.

Regards, Paul.

bork
Devart Team

Post by bork » Mon 26 Jul 2010 14:44

Hello

We have never heard about problems with forum like you described. Usually target words after doing a forum search have black color on white background color and bold font style.

Please specify the Internet browser you are using and the appearance settings you've changed in this browser.

hughespa

Post by hughespa » Tue 27 Jul 2010 02:47

I usually use Google Chrome without any changes to the default colours or any custom display schemes.

I thought it might be an issue with Chrome but it is also the same with Explorer 8, again I don't change any default colours or fonts.

I've tried both under XP Pro and also W7 with both browsers.

When I look closer, the highlighted text is actually bold but is white so when it is against the light page background you can't really see it.

I'll email you a screen shot so you can see what I mean.

Regards, Paul.

DepSoft

Post by DepSoft » Tue 27 Jul 2010 03:06

I've set up a new forum account and now the search text is highlighted black and the board style setting is always there.

I guess something must have got corrupted with my previous account setup.

Regards, Paul.

bork
Devart Team

Post by bork » Tue 27 Jul 2010 12:18

Hello

We got your print-screen. Try to open your profile and change the style of the forum to CoreLab (Profile -> Board Style -> CoreLab).

DepSoft

Post by DepSoft » Wed 28 Jul 2010 02:20

Hi,

Under the old profile, the option to change board style was only present occasionally. However, when I did once get it displayed, I changed it to 'Corelab' but it didn't make any difference to the highlighted search text problem. I don't think it changed anything actually.

I'll just use this new profile instead, it seems to work correctly.

Also, with the new profile, the option to change board style is always present.

Thanks.

Regards, Paul.