Few Questions

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
devweb

Few Questions

Post by devweb » Sat 02 Feb 2008 08:21

Hi CoreLab team,

First of all congratulate to the new products, we have waiting it since long time:)

I just want to ask few questions regarding this product:

1. Release date?

2. the current beta doesn't support MySql, when Can we expcet a beta work with mysql.

3. Does UniDac require any dac to be installed? for example if I buy Unidac, does it mean I need to buy MyDac and Sdac to work in both products?

4. If it doesn't require any Dac products, can we expcet the special components for mydac like TMyDump and TMyBackup ?

Thanks.

Challenger
Devart Team

Post by Challenger » Tue 05 Feb 2008 13:10

1. Release date?
We are planning to release UniDAC at the beginning of March.
2. the current beta doesn't support MySql, when Can we expcet a beta work with mysql.
In a week we are planning to release new Beta version with SQL Server support. Beta version of UniDAC with
MySQL support will be available in 2-3 weeks.

Code: Select all

3. Does UniDac require any dac to be installed? for example if I buy Unidac, does it mean I need to buy MyDac and Sdac to work in both products? 
This depends on edition of UniDAC. UniDAC Professional does not require other DAC components to be installed. For more information please refer to the UniDAC product page.
4. If it doesn't require any Dac products, can we expcet the special components for mydac like TMyDump and TMyBackup ?
They will not be available in the first version of UniDAC. But we will provide a possibility to share internal connection between TUniConnection and TxxConnection (TMyConnection). This will allow using server specific components.