Client/Server with SQlite

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding UniDAC (Universal Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
wjjw73

Client/Server with SQlite

Post by wjjw73 » Fri 17 Aug 2012 10:01

Hello!

I have an application with a local SQlite DB. Now I want to upscale it to Client/Server. SQlite is not Client/Server ready - means I have to write a server for that. My clients are Win/Mac and iOS.
So what I want to do:
1. SERVER with SQlite DB (UniDAC)
2. CLIENTs with local SQlite DB (UniDAC, local also because client have to run also "offline") -> synchronize with Server

Has someone any idea how to manage this? Are there some components for that?
Using Delphi XE2 (Firemonkey) for my clients.

ZEuS
Devart Team

Re: Client/Server with SQlite

Post by ZEuS » Mon 20 Aug 2012 07:12

UniDAC is a set of components that provides connectivity to different databases and it does not have components and built-in functionality for developing client-server applications.
So, for perform the task you can use UniDAC components to provide connectivity to SQLite, and implement client-server functionality using, for example, the DataSnap technology. Please, refer to the Delphi documentation to learn more about DataSnap.

jbmiller

Post by jbmiller » Thu 23 Aug 2012 12:20

kbmMW at http://www.components4developers.com is what you need to make this a reality. Been using it for years and it/they have never failed me. If you are taking the delphi firemonkey approach for both client and server, I believe this will do everything you need. It might even be free for the codegear edition. I have used this for other databases and I'm creating a SQLite server now for a project. Server will run on windows or mac. Client is windows/mac/iPad.

Another option is http://www.RealThinClient.com especially if you have a variety of client types and want to use web calls.

ZEuS
Devart Team

Post by ZEuS » Thu 23 Aug 2012 12:43

Thank you for the information.
We will investigate the possibility of adding such functionality.