Getting "Trial period is expired" error if both SShClient and SShServer in the app.

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding network security and data protection solution - SecureBridge
tom_1234

Getting "Trial period is expired" error if both SShClient and SShServer in the app.

Post by tom_1234 » Tue 01 Aug 2017 15:55

I have a simple test app that has the SSHClient and SSHServer on it. (took pieces from the two demo apps).
If I start the server then try to have the client connect I get the "Trial period is expired" error.

If I stop my server and instead start the server in the SimpleSSHServer app then my client connect just fine to that server. I then stop my client and the demo server, (leave my app running) and then I start the server in my app and then the client in my app and it all works fine (no trial error). I can then stop and restart the client and server multiple times and it all works as long as I do not close my app.

I know it has not yet been 60 days so it seems there is some issue with having both client and server in the same app. I tried using two different ScFileStorage object - still have same problem.

If I run two copies of my app and start the server in one and the client in the other it all works fine.

So any ideas what to try next?

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: Getting "Trial period is expired" error if both SShClient and SShServer in the app.

Post by ViktorV » Fri 04 Aug 2017 13:25

We are investigating the issue and will notify you about the result as soon as possible.

tom_1234

Re: Getting "Trial period is expired" error if both SShClient and SShServer in the app.

Post by tom_1234 » Mon 07 Aug 2017 15:00

extra info......
I have found if I run my app on a different PC then I have different results running both the client and server on the same app.
Test 1 - app compiled on Win7 pc
app run on Win7 pc - have the problem
app run on Win 10 pc - runs ok.

Also found if I compile it on my Win10 pc - different results.
Test 2 - app compiled on Win10 pc
app run on Win7 pc - runs ok
app run on Win 10 pc - runs ok.
ran app from network drive instead of local drive - on Win10 first time after app start it gave me Trial expired when I start the client but then worked on latter start clients if app left running.

Also noticed if I get the Trial expired app then on shutdown leaves a process running.

On both pcs I am running Dx10.2 and your latest trial.
Win10 PC is running Microsoft AV but Win7 box is running Symantec AV.
Let me know if there are any other tests you want done.

Thanks
Tom

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Mon 07 Aug 2017 15:30

Trial period for SecureBridge may be reset if you changed system time.
Please provide us IDE version for which you want to obtain SecureBridge with prolonged trial period.

tom_1234

Post by tom_1234 » Thu 10 Aug 2017 20:16

I am using Delphi 10.2 32 bit.

The thing is if I only run the server or client in my app then there is NO issue...

If I run the app from the local drive or the network drive I get different results.

If I compile the app on my Win10 pc verses my Win7 pc I get different results.

This does not seem to be a expired license issue.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Fri 11 Aug 2017 10:02

We have answered you via e-mail.