SMTP SSL TLS

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding network security and data protection solution - SecureBridge
bij

SMTP SSL TLS

Post by bij » Thu 22 Jun 2017 08:24

Hi devart team,

I wanted to use SecureBridge to connect to a SMTP server securely. Unfortunately I didn't find a way to do that after installing SecureBridge. Indy SMTP does not connect to SecureBridge (SSL/TLS) and there is no SMTP component with SecureBridge. I don't want to use dlls in this project this is why I've chosen SecureBridge. Please help!

Cheers.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: SMTP SSL TLS

Post by ViktorV » Fri 23 Jun 2017 09:33

SecureBridge supports the SSL, TLS protocol, but does not support the SMTP protocol. If you have the SMTP client you can connect our TscSSLClient component to it in order to work with the SSL, TLS protocol.
To connect SecureBridge with Indy to use SSL protocol is not possible, because in order to use SSL with Indy components, you should use IOHandler, which is inherited from the TIdSSLIOHandlerSocket class, but not from the TIdIOHandler class as our TScIdIOHandler component.
We plan to support SMTP protocol in the future.

bij

Post by bij » Fri 30 Jun 2017 07:30

Thank you, ViktorV, for your reply! Is there a rough timeframe for that?
Cheers,

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Mon 03 Jul 2017 10:57

Unfortunately, there is no timeframe for the feature at the moment.

ViktorLapis

Post by ViktorLapis » Mon 18 May 2020 09:54

Hi Devart Team,

I also would like to connect Indy SMTP and SecureBridge and I would like to ask if it is still valid:
ViktorV wrote: Fri 23 Jun 2017 09:33 To connect SecureBridge with Indy to use SSL protocol is not possible, because in order to use SSL with Indy components, you should use IOHandler, which is inherited from the TIdSSLIOHandlerSocket class, but not from the TIdIOHandler class as our TScIdIOHandler component.
Is there a timaframe when SecureBridge will support the SMTP protocol?

regards,

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Fri 22 May 2020 16:47

This features is in our roadmap but we cannot tell any timeframe at the moment, but you can request this feature on our User Voice forum https://devart.uservoice.com/forums/174370-securebridge to speed up the implementation of these components.