Demo Project SSHServer -> Error Code: 1060

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding network security and data protection solution - SecureBridge
Ollinux

Demo Project SSHServer -> Error Code: 1060

Post by Ollinux » Mon 20 Mar 2017 09:05

After installing the 60 Days Demo of SecureBridge, i got an error when trying to start the SSHServer-Demo. The Text of the Error Message is "Systemfehler. Code: 1060. Der angegebene Dienst ist kein installierter Dienst." Translated it should mean something like "System error. Code: 1060. The specified service is not an installed service."

My Delphi is Version Delphi 10.1 Berlin with Update 2, Professional with Mobile running under Windows 10 Professional 64Bit.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: Demo Project SSHServer -> Error Code: 1060

Post by ViktorV » Mon 20 Mar 2017 13:44

The SSHServer demo is interdependent with the SSHServerService demo.
Before starting the SSHServerService demo, you should run the SSHServer demo and set server options, like users and keys list.
To run SSH server, perform the following steps:
- compile the SSHServerService project;
- install it by calling the following command: SSHServerService.exe /install
- compile the SSHServer project;
- run this application, create a new user for authentication, or use a created user with username test and password test;
- start the service by pressing the "Start server" button.

Ollinux

Post by Ollinux » Tue 21 Mar 2017 07:29

I don't try to start the SSHServerService-Demo, i only try to start the SSHServer-Demo. Shouldn't it be possible to start the SSHServer-Demo without compiling, configuring and starting the SSHServerService-Demo first?

Ollinux

Post by Ollinux » Tue 21 Mar 2017 07:39

Ah, I suppose the SSHServer-Demo is only the GUI for the SSHServerService-Demo?

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Tue 21 Mar 2017 08:32

Ollinux wrote:Ah, I suppose the SSHServer-Demo is only the GUI for the SSHServerService-Demo?
Yes, you are right.
Note, you can use our SimpleSSHServer demo project. You can find the SimpleSSHServer project in the %SecureBridgeDemos%\SFTPClient directory. %SecureBridgeDemos% is the SecureBridge Demo projects installation path on your computer.