authentication without signature

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding network security and data protection solution - SecureBridge
mgr

authentication without signature

Post by mgr » Mon 09 Dec 2013 09:10

Hello,

I use your SecureBridge-sourcecode-edition 6.1. In order to test your SFTP-Server-component I created a small project. On main form there are only 3 components:
TScSFTPServer, TScSSHServer, TScFileStorage. All settings are set by IDE. In FormCreate I only activate TScSSHServer: ScSSHServer1.Active := True;

I would like to make authentication my publickey. My problem is that the authentication-method in your ssh-component is not fully implemented: putty and linux-ssh send the publickey without signature of the packet contents and the component wants a signature (see RFC 4252: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4252.txt page 8).

In TSsh2ServerConnection.UserAuthentication sub function SendAuthenticationResponse near line 290 there is a "if" condition that blocks publickey authentication without signature. Is there a method that checks only the public key? I need it urgently...

Dimon
Devart Team

Re: authentication without signature

Post by Dimon » Wed 11 Dec 2013 14:22

Thank you for the information. We have reproduced this problem and fixed it. This fix will be included in the next SecureBridge build.