Two questions

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for InterBase & Firebird in Delphi and C++Builder
evandroks

Two questions

Post by evandroks » Tue 18 Nov 2014 20:58

1- I downloaded and Installed dbExpress driver for InterBase & Firebird in Delphi 2007

I installed the trial Version

How can I see how many days remaining in the trial version do I have ?

2- In the Delphi 2007 computer, everything it´s working fine.
I can open all databases.

My TSQLConnection:
drivername - devartInterBase
GetDriverfunc - getSQLDriverInterbase
libraryname = dbexpida40.dll
Vendorlib - gds32.dll

The problem is:
When I try to run in another computer´s in the network, when the database tries to open ,
I get EAccessViolation and the database does not open.

I used Dbexpress, it was working fine in all my network computers.
Now with Devart it´s not working

In the network comoputers, which Database Driver do I have to install to work ?
(I am using the Firebird driver - Firebird-2.5.3.26778_0_x64.exe)

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: Two questions

Post by ViktorV » Wed 19 Nov 2014 11:26

1. Unfortunately, the only way to know how many days left till the trial period end is to subtract the installation date from the current date.
2. Unfortunately, we could not reproduce the issue. Please check whether the problem is reproduced on our Query demo project. You can find the demo project in the %DBXInterBaseDemos%\Win32\Query directory where %DBXInterBaseDemos% is the dbExpress driver for InterBase & Firebird Demo projects installation path on your computer. If this doesn't help solve the problem, please send us a small sample to demonstrate the issue, including a script to create and fill in test database tables.

evandroks

Post by evandroks » Wed 19 Nov 2014 11:45

I have one old executable (.exe) that´s working in the network computers, using Firebird in the network computers

When I compile and generate a new EXE in the Delphi 2007, with devart, it works Only in the delphi computer (windows 32 bits), but does not work in the network computers. I tested in network computers with windows 32 and windows 64. Both not working

I read about the Trial version - "The maximum number of columns in a dataset is limited to 6 fields for the Win x64 and Mac OS platforms"
Can be this the cause ?

evandroks

Post by evandroks » Wed 19 Nov 2014 12:31

I Opened the Query demo, but´s missing the Database files in order to make the tests

Please send me (databases in a Firebird format, please)

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Wed 19 Nov 2014 12:44

QueryDemo doesn't require special databases, it allows to connect to any database and execute any query. The Trial version has a limitation of 6 columns in a dataset. This may be the reason for the error occurrence. The information you have provided is not enough for us to reproduce the problem. Try to create a separate sample demonstrating the problem and send it to us.
Last edited by ViktorV on Thu 20 Nov 2014 11:01, edited 1 time in total.

evandroks

Post by evandroks » Wed 19 Nov 2014 13:20

1- I installed the demo, but when running in a network computer , it says:

"Unable to load dbexpida40.dll (ErrorCode 126). It may be missing from the system path."

I putted the dbexpida40.dll in the path (c:\windows , c:\windows\system32 , executable folder ) in the network computers, but´s it´s Not working

Where folder do I have to put the dll ?

2- It´s possible to "insert" the dll in the .EXE file ? It woukld be easier to deploy the application

3- When the problem´s get solved I have to buy only 1 licence for the Delphi machine , correct ?

evandroks

Post by evandroks » Thu 20 Nov 2014 13:48

??

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Fri 21 Nov 2014 10:06

1. Since your application is 32-bit, you should use the 32-bit version of the dbexpida40.dll library (even if the OS is 64-bit).
Please make sure you are deploying the 32-bit dbexpida40.dll with your application.
The dbexpida40.dll library file is enough to be placed in one folder with the exe file. You can also specify the exact path to the library in the TSQLConnection.LibraryName property.
2. Only the driver version with sources can be built into your applications. So you do not need to distribute the driver's DLL with your application.
3. It is up to you to choose a license meeting your requirements. More detailed information can be found at our website: http://www.devart.com/orderingfaq.html