Bad connection parameter Charset

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for InterBase & Firebird in Delphi and C++Builder
ricolebo

Bad connection parameter Charset

Post by ricolebo » Tue 11 Mar 2014 13:26

Hello,

I use the last version of the DBExpress driver 4.3.5.0
In parameters list there is Charset instead ServeurCharset
(charset does nothing)

I changed this parameter mySelf in file dbcconnections.ini

I think there is a problem in the driver installer

Driver installed on D7

Eric

ZEuS
Devart Team

Re: Bad connection parameter Charset

Post by ZEuS » Wed 12 Mar 2014 10:52

This is not an installer problem, the name of the parameter is correct. The "Charset" parameter of Devart dbExpress driver for InterBase & Firebird means the same as the "ServerCharSet" in the default Interbase driver. It defines the character set, that the driver uses to read and write character data. Moreover, Devart dbExpress driver for InterBase & Firebird handles correctly both parameter names, so you can set the parameter in both ways. For more information about connection parameters in dbExpress driver for InterBase and Firebird, please refer to the "ReadMe.html" help file that is supplied with the driver and is located in the driver installation directory.

ricolebo

Post by ricolebo » Wed 12 Mar 2014 12:35

Thank you ZEuS for your reply

I know how to use the parameter charset, and I saw that the parameter named "charset" did nothing. So I changed the parameter's name to "serverChaset" and then it works.

I forget to say that my database is firebird 2.5, and the database charset is UTF8 and I connect with DBExpress in D7 whith charset WIN1252.

I am pretty sure that you have a problem with this parameter

Thank you
Eric

ZEuS
Devart Team

Post by ZEuS » Thu 13 Mar 2014 09:31

Thank you for the information. We have reproduced the issue with missing "ServerCharSet" parameter in dbExpress driver for InterBase & Firebird for Delphi 7 and will fix the problem in the next build of the driver.