Carriage Return before exception message

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for InterBase & Firebird in Delphi and C++Builder
iggy

Carriage Return before exception message

Post by iggy » Wed 29 Jan 2014 12:04

Hi. Exception message string in Evaluate/Modify dialog:
#$D'Your user name and password are not defined. Ask your database administrator to set up a Firebird login.'

another dbExpress driver or IB-tools does not paste CR char before error message. Please remove char.

PavloP
Devart Team

Re: Carriage Return before exception message

Post by PavloP » Fri 14 Mar 2014 14:38

Thank you for the information. We have reproduced the problem and investigation is in progress. We will notify you when we have any results.

ZEuS
Devart Team

Post by ZEuS » Fri 28 Mar 2014 06:40

We have fixed the issue and will include the fix in the nearest dbExpress driver for InterBase & Firebird build.

iggy

Post by iggy » Tue 06 Oct 2015 11:26

thank.

today i have got following exception message in database (using IBExpert):

Code: Select all

Unsuccessful execution caused by system error that does not preclude successful execution of subsequent statements.
feature is not supported.
but in program it clipped and only second sentence was shown - "feature is not supported.". Then i download latest version of dbexpress driver (dll ver 4.7.10.0, my was 4.2.3.0) . Message not clipped now, there is no CR char in beginning, but CR char dissapeared fully and no "." between sentences:

Code: Select all

Unsuccessful execution caused by system error that does not preclude successful execution of subsequent statementsfeature is not supported.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Wed 07 Oct 2015 12:56

Thank you for the information. We have reproduced and fixed the issue. The fix will be included in the next dbExpress driver for for InterBase & Firebird build.