Installation with Delphi 2010

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for InterBase & Firebird in Delphi and C++Builder
PurChemist

Installation with Delphi 2010

Post by PurChemist » Fri 01 Nov 2013 22:47

Hallo,
I just downloaded the trial dbExpress Driver for Interbase and Firebird and I have problems to install the driver to Delphi 2010 Professional.
Doubleclicking the file dbxida.exe created a Devart directory with numerous subdirectories under c:\Program Files\.
Then I started Delphi 2010 and created a new project (VCL-Application) but I can not find any of the required components in the tools paletett. What can I do to get these components installed to the Delphi2010 IDE?

Thanks for your help

Peter

AndreyZ

Re: Installation with Delphi 2010

Post by AndreyZ » Mon 04 Nov 2013 08:46

Hello,

Any dbExpress driver (included our dbExpress driver for InterBase and Firebird) is represented by a library. Our dbExpress driver for InterBase and Firebird is represented by the dbexpida40.dll library. You can use any dbExpress driver with the help of the standard dbExpress components (TSQLConnection, TSQLQuery, etc.) supplied with Delphi. Here is a code example that demonstrates connecting to a Firebird database using our dbExpress driver for InterBase and Firebird:

Code: Select all

procedure TForm1.BitBtn1Click(Sender: TObject);
begin
  SQLConnection1.ConnectionName := 'Devart InterBase';
  SQLConnection1.DriverName := 'DevartInterBase';
  SQLConnection1.GetDriverFunc := 'getSQLDriverInterBase';
  SQLConnection1.LibraryName := 'dbexpida40.dll';
  SQLConnection1.VendorLib := 'fbclient.dll';
  SQLConnection1.Params.Values['HostName'] := 'hostname';
  SQLConnection1.Params.Values['Database'] := 'databasename';
  SQLConnection1.Params.Values['User_Name'] := 'usernam';
  SQLConnection1.Params.Values['Password'] := 'password';