dbMonitor can't find process [SOLVED]

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for InterBase & Firebird in Delphi and C++Builder
trindade

dbMonitor can't find process [SOLVED]

Post by trindade » Wed 28 Jul 2010 18:06

OK, I'm using dbMonitor 3.0.2 with DbxIda 2.50.23 and Delphi 2010 with updates 4/5, running on an updated Vista Ultimate 64-bits.

I'm trying to use dbMonitor, and my application's process isn't detected by dbMonitor.

My procedure was:
- I dropped a TSQLMonitor in the main form of my application.
- Set the SQLConnection property of TSQLMonitor to my application's TSQLConnection.
- Changed "Active" to "True" on TSQLMonitor.
- Opened dbMonitor. Ensured dbMonitor is started.
- Executed my application. Many SQL queries are executed. Nothing comes out on dbMonitor screen.

What I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: Update:

If I set TSQLMonitor to save a text file on HD containing the monitoring data, it works OK. So, I think that's not a problem with the database connection, just a problem between TSQLMonitor and dbMonitor.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by trindade on Thu 29 Jul 2010 16:48, edited 2 times in total.

Dimon
Devart Team

Post by Dimon » Thu 29 Jul 2010 13:16

Please check that the port number for client connections of DBMonitor is default (is qualed to 1000). You can change it with the Tools->Options menu.
Or specify the number of the needed port in the DBMonitorPort option of TSQLConnection.

trindade

Post by trindade » Thu 29 Jul 2010 15:11

Ok, I've checked. Yes, is adjusted to use port 1000.

I've tried NetProxy, from NetView, as in the following topic:
http://www.devart.com/forums/viewtopic. ... c&start=15

Did some tests with Windows Firewall on, with windows firewall off, changing ports from 1000 to 1001, opening DBMonitor before starting NetProxy, opening DBMonitor after starting NetProxy...

NetProxy never caught any traffic on the specified ports, 1000 and 1001. But to a text file, if selected, the TSQLMonitor dumps DB traffic.

In my TSQLConnection, I don't see an option "DBMonitorPort". Neither in the TSQLMonitor.

To me, seems that TSQLMonitor isn't generating TCP/IP traffic. But EtherPeek doesn't run on Vista, so I can't be 100% sure, because I've never used this NetView before, so I can't tell how trusty it is.

What tests sould I do here?

trindade

Post by trindade » Thu 29 Jul 2010 16:45

I've solved the problem, it was my fault.

At design-time the driver used is DevartInterBase, but at run-time my application load settings from an INI file. And in this INI file, the driver was "Firebird".

So, at run-time my application was not using DevartInterBase driver, and logically the DBMonitor would never work. Fixed the driver on INI file, then DBMonitor's working OK.

Now gonna solve many other different errors starting to happen now.

Thanks for your time and for the attention!

Dimon
Devart Team

Post by Dimon » Mon 02 Aug 2010 08:05

It is good to see that this problem has been solved. Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions about DbxIda.