AntiVir states PCK/Asprotect virus found in dbexpida40.dll

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for InterBase & Firebird in Delphi and C++Builder
Thomas0815

AntiVir states PCK/Asprotect virus found in dbexpida40.dll

Post by Thomas0815 » Sat 12 Jun 2010 12:37

Hi,

AntiVir states PCK/Asprotect virus found in dbexpida40.dll.

As I understand I have to distribute the file dbexpida40.dll together with my applications and therefore I will get the virus alert on every PC on which Antivir is installed.

Since I have a lot of clients which work with Antivir, this creates serious problems for me.

As I understand the problem is caused by the compressing software of the file.

Is there a way to come around this problem (e.g. by using a non compressed version of dbexpida40.dll.)?)

Dimon
Devart Team

Post by Dimon » Mon 14 Jun 2010 12:53

We use AsProtect to compress the dll libraries, and maybe it is a cause of corrupting of compiled dll. Using AsProtect we compress dbexpida40.dll from 612KB to 317KB.
If you will buy the Source code Edition of DbxIda you can compile your own dll.

Thomas0815

Virus problem

Post by Thomas0815 » Mon 14 Jun 2010 17:47

Thanks. Just to make sure I understand everything correctly before spending more money and time on this, I would have a few questions.

If I pay the 69.95$ for the edition upgrade, will I get the source code of the component which I already purchased?

Am I then able to compile this sourcecode in a way that it provides the very same functions like the component which I already have?

If I understand correctly, the only difference will be that I do not compress the dll file like you did, so I do not get the virus alert. Is that right?

By the way, you can test the virus problem on the file dbexpida40.dll by using www.virustotal.com.

Thanks in advance for your responce.

Dimon
Devart Team

Re: Virus problem

Post by Dimon » Tue 15 Jun 2010 08:26

Thomas0815 wrote:If I pay the 69.95$ for the edition upgrade, will I get the source code of the component which I already purchased?
Yes.
Thomas0815 wrote:Am I then able to compile this sourcecode in a way that it provides the very same functions like the component which I already have?
Yes.
Thomas0815 wrote:If I understand correctly, the only difference will be that I do not compress the dll file like you did, so I do not get the virus alert. Is that right?
Yes, you are right.

manu12

Post by manu12 » Wed 30 Jun 2010 21:38

Hello! I don't have to find out more things about the viruses becouse I use something that blocks them faster. I am talking about kaspersky internet security 7 You can try it too becouse it's a good choise