FB 2.1 and UTF8 columns

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for InterBase & Firebird in Delphi and C++Builder
werner

FB 2.1 and UTF8 columns

Post by werner » Fri 25 Jul 2008 09:51

I am testing your driver for use with ReportManager.

The columns defined with UTF8 come across as strings instead of widestring.

I noticed in the FAQ/help that this is the default but I don't know how to change the default setting. What do I need to enter in the dbxdrivers.ini or dbxconnections.ini for this:
UseUnicode

Enables or disables Unicode support. Affects character data fetched from the server. When set to True all character data is stored as WideStrings and TStringField is replaced with TWideStringFiled.

This option is available for Delphi 2006 and higher IDE versions.

Default value of this option is False.

const
coUseUnicode = TSQLConnectionOption(209); // boolean
. . .
SQLConnection1.SQLConnection.SetOption(coUseUnicode, Integer(True));

WaitOnLocks
Use this option to set WaitOnLocks paramater for default transaction.

SQLConnection1.Params.Values['WaitOnLocks'] := 'ReadCommited';
SQLConnection1.Connected := True;

Thanks for any help on this.
Werner

Plash
Devart Team

Post by Plash » Fri 25 Jul 2008 13:09

If you are using Delphi 2007 you can add UseUnicode=True to the Params property of TSQLConnection.
If you are using Delphi 2006 you need to replace the TSQLConnection component with the TCRSQLConnection component. Then you can add UseUnicode=True to the Params property of TCRSQLConnection.

You can add WaitOnLocks=True to the Params property of TSQLConnection in both Delphi 2007 and 2006.

werner

FB 2.1 and UTF8 columns (forum="dbExpress driver for InterBa

Post by werner » Sat 26 Jul 2008 06:10

What is the corresponding setting I could enter into dbxconnections.ini or dbxdrivers.ini.

I.E. I use a run time version of ReportManager, the author is just moving over to Delphi 2007 and according to him these type of settings should be done in the .ini files as he will not directly support your driver.

Werner

Plash
Devart Team

Post by Plash » Mon 28 Jul 2008 06:30

You cannot change these options using INI files. You should set these options in the Params property of the connection.