URGENT! A call to .active closes ALL active datasets!!!

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding IBDAC (InterBase Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
davort

URGENT! A call to .active closes ALL active datasets!!!

Post by davort » Tue 26 Sep 2017 14:28

Hi guys,

In the 6.1.3 version of IBDAC, every subsequent call to ANY non-active IBCQuery, closes ALL Queries, that have been open before, and use the same transaction, which is in my case default transaction on the database.

i.e. I have an IBCQuery named qRE2, which is already opened (qRE2.state = dsBrowse).
Then I use:

if not qENT.Active then qENT.Open; <== in this moment, qRE2.state goes to dsInactive, qENT.state goes to dsBrowse.

if not qTIP.Active then qTIP.Open; <== here we just lost qENT, went to dsInactive, whereas qTIP is dsBrowse. We have qRE2 and qENT nof with state = dsInactive ...

I needed a couple of days to figure this one out ... am not too happy about it, either.

I had to revert to 6.0 version, which works fine.

Delphi 10.2, FB 2.5

I hope that you'll sort it out fast, as You do most of the times when such things happen... :)

Best regards,

Davor.

PS: please, keep me posted about the fix! Thanks!

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: URGENT! A call to .active closes ALL active datasets!!!

Post by ViktorV » Wed 27 Sep 2017 08:42

Thank you for the information. We have reproduced the problem and it will be fixed in the next build.
We can send you a UniDAC night build including the fix. Please provide your license number and IDE version to viktorv*devart*com and we will send you a night build.