Install locations

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding IBDAC (InterBase Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
HelgeLange

Install locations

Post by HelgeLange » Tue 11 Apr 2017 02:05

Hello DevArt

would it be possible that you install the BPLs not in Windows\System32 and the designtime package en Delphi\Bin but everything in the BPL dir (e.g: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\18.0\Bpl)
That would be nice :)

Helge

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: Install locations

Post by ViktorV » Fri 14 Apr 2017 15:01

Some of our users had problems on some IDE versions when we tried to place BPL through the specified path, therefore, we copy BPL to %WinDir%\System32 и %DAC%\Bin\Win32 (Win64) where %DAC% - the path to the installed DAC product.

HelgeLange

Post by HelgeLange » Wed 31 May 2017 12:53

Could it be made optional in the installer, like install in Win\System32 or the delphi bpl dir ?
The reason I ask is that I need often several VMs to check certain behaviour on other OSes.
To install I just copy the dcp/bpl directory and export the known packages registry key and that works fine. I just need 2 minutes to install all my used components. But the Devart comps are all over the place :cry:

thanks for your consideration
Helge Lange

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Wed 31 May 2017 15:18

You can place this suggestion at our user voice forum: https://devart.uservoice.com/forums/104 ... components If the suggestion gets a lot of votes, we will consider the possibility to implement it.