TIBCBackup & Restore have error while validate

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding IBDAC (InterBase Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
Haydar Aji

TIBCBackup & Restore have error while validate

Post by Haydar Aji » Fri 23 Sep 2016 01:56

I check validate "my database" have no error or warning, but every times I backup and then I restore "my database", I check validate database have some errors like this picture.

I set option on TIBCBackup like this.

Please tell me how to make restore database from backup database and have no page error / page warning.

Thanks
Regards

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: TIBCBackup & Restore have error while validate

Post by ViktorV » Fri 23 Sep 2016 08:22

In order to get a detailed answer, please compose a small sample demonstrating the described behavior and send it to viktorv*devart*com, including the used database file. In addition, please specify the exact Firebird version.

Haydar Aji

Post by Haydar Aji » Thu 06 Oct 2016 09:04

I'm using firebird 3.0.

I found this problem solved yesterday, it caused TIBCRestore Options Set [roReplace, roCreateNewDB, roUseAllSpace] and I change into [roReplace, roCreateNewDB] the problem is solved

I have another problem when using TIBCRestore database into the Server LAN / Public, "no permission to Create database"

When I execute using gbak.exe and restore my database, it works correctly with ROLE "RDB$ADMIN"

I set ROLE "RDB$ADMIN" on IBCRestore.Params.Add(format('role ''%s''',['RDB$ADMIN']));
On component TIBCConnection it's work, but when I using TIBCRestore, it didn't work and result the error same like when I didn't using ROLE "no permission to Create database"

My question is how to set ROLE on IBCRestore?
Thanks

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Thu 06 Oct 2016 11:36

Currently, IBDAC doesn't allow to specify role on connection to the service.
We will consider the possibility to implement the mentioned functionality in one of the next builds of IBDAC.

Haydar Aji

Post by Haydar Aji » Fri 07 Oct 2016 02:59

Thanks for the answer, hope it will fix on next version,
I execute gbak.exe -c -REP for restore the database temporary until TIBCRestore fix with allowing ROLE on connection to the service.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Fri 28 Jul 2017 08:52

We have added ability to set ROLE when connecting to FB service in IBDAC 6.0.2, that is already available for download.