Problem with TCRDBGrid on RAD Studio 10.1

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding IBDAC (InterBase Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
helste

Problem with TCRDBGrid on RAD Studio 10.1

Post by helste » Wed 21 Sep 2016 14:08

Hello,

I just installed my brand new RAD Studio 10.1 including Update 1.
On the fresh installation I installed IBDAC Version: 5.7.24
When I try to place a TCRDBGrid on a form, I get an error message (arguments out of range).
No way to place a grid on a form or open a form from an old project that contains a TRCDBGrid.

Any ideas?

Best regards
Helmut

azyk
Devart Team

Re: Problem with TCRDBGrid on RAD Studio 10.1

Post by azyk » Thu 22 Sep 2016 10:46

Thank you for the information, we have reproduced the described issue with the TCRDBGrid component and the new studio version.

Currently, we are testing DAC products for compatibility with RAD Studio Berlin 10.1 Update 1 and fixing detected issues.

helste

Post by helste » Thu 22 Sep 2016 10:56

Thanks for the answer. I received an answer vie email to my support request, where I was told, that could not be reproduced. So I sent a reply with a short video showing it.
At the moment I replaced the CRDBGrid with the standard DBGrid. Fortunately I used it only in 3 forms. So it was just 2 hours of work replacing all the grids in this 3 forms.
Have to check, if everythning works as expected though, so whenever a working version of the CCRDBGrid is available, I would restore the previous version of those forms.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Thu 22 Sep 2016 12:04

We have answered you, that we can't reproduce the issue, since you didn't tell, that you are using RAD Studio 10.1 Update 1.
We will investigate the described issue with the TCRDBGrid component and inform you about the results.

helste

Post by helste » Thu 22 Sep 2016 12:33

Great. Hope you can fix it.
I did not think, that it makes such a huge difference if I run 10.1 or 10.1 upgrade 1.
Sorry for that.

rickyarzu

Post by rickyarzu » Tue 27 Sep 2016 15:04

The error seems triggered by a debug on the property DefaultColWidth

commenting the row on Create this blocks the creation Error thus I think that setting it at runtime or design time should trigger the exception another time. I suppose

constructor TCRDBGrid.Create(Owner: TComponent);
begin
/// DefaultColWidth := 60; // DEBUG
end;

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Wed 05 Oct 2016 15:08

We have already fixed this issue. This fix will be included in the next build of DAC products.
All registered users of DAC products have source code of TCRGrid located in DAC_Install_Dir\Source\, where DAC_Install_Dir is a directory where you installed DAC product.
To solve the issue, you can perform the following steps:
- open the CRGrid.pas file and replace implementation of the TCRDBGrid.CanEditShow method in it with the following:

Code: Select all

function TCRDBGrid.CanEditShow: boolean;
begin
  if (Columns.Count = 0) or (Assigned(SelectedField) and (SelectedField is TMemoField)) then
    Result := False
  else
    Result := inherited CanEditShow;
end;
- save changes;
- open IDE and delete Devart Controls package from [Components]->[Install Packages] ;
- recompile the following packages: crcontrolsXX.dpk, dclcrcontrolsXX.dpk;
- install dclcrcontrolsXX.dpk;
- restart the IDE.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Wed 02 Nov 2016 13:55

The new IBDAC version 5.7.26 with a compatible with RAD 10.1 Berlin Update 1 are available for download now.