Help with Err : Unable to connect Xnet:/ global \\Firebird

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding IBDAC (InterBase Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
sugi

Help with Err : Unable to connect Xnet:/ global \\Firebird

Post by sugi » Wed 15 Nov 2017 04:00

Hello all,

I got those error on my app on client PC when tried to connect to remote Firebird 3.02 database although I have included and specify fbclient.dll in TIBCConnection as a client library.

That error happen because, I didn't install Firebird 3.02 on client PC. If firebird installed, my app runs OK.

My question is, is that possible to run my app on Client PC without install Firebird & only supplied necessary DLL?

Seem that fbclient.dll only was not enough & have copied all DLL from firerbird installation folder to my app folder, but still no avail.

Thanks in advance.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: Help with Err : Unable to connect Xnet:/ global \\Firebird

Post by ViktorV » Wed 15 Nov 2017 10:11

To connect to a running remote server, it's enough to distribute Firebird client library with your application. You can get the specified error if you use the client library Firebird 3 and set the TIBCConnection.Server property to an empty string. In this case, IBDAC will attempt to connect to embedded Firebird 3. To solve the issue, before connecting to a remote Firebird 3 server, please set the TIBCConnection.Server property to the correct value.

sugi

Post by sugi » Thu 16 Nov 2017 02:10

That's great. Have tried it, and app runs OK.

Thanks for your help.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Thu 16 Nov 2017 08:17

It is good to see that the problem has been solved.
Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions about our products.