7.3 Freezes

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and administration tools for MySQL
joes243

7.3 Freezes

Post by joes243 » Thu 01 Feb 2018 13:56

Since upgrading to 7.3, dbForge constantly freezes. I need to force shut down the app and restart multiple times a day. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the problem still exists. Is there anything else I can try or do to troubleshoot?

alexa

Re: 7.3 Freezes

Post by alexa » Thu 01 Feb 2018 15:24

Could you please provide us the full version of dbForge and describe when exactly you are experiencing the issue?

Also, please perform the following:
1. Select 'Tools -> Options...' from the main menu. The 'Options' window opens.
2. Navigate to the 'Environment -> Output' branch.
3. Select the 'Write queries sent by the program to the SQL Log' and 'Log application errors' options.
4. Unselect the 'Delete application log after closing' option. Click 'OK'.
5. Reproduce the error and send us the *.log file with the latest date from the directory:
%SystemDrive%\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\Devart\dbForge Studio for MySQL\

You can send a reply straight to our support system at alexaATdevartDOTcom and supportATdevartDOTcom .

movingalong

Post by movingalong » Sat 10 Feb 2018 16:22

I just wanted to add in. We're currently trialing DBForge 7.3.137 on a Win7 Pro Machine. In our experience it freezes every time it is left idle for some time. I say some time because I don't have an exact timeframe. It's more than 15-20 minutes but I don't know exactly how long it takes to crash it. if you leave it for say an hour or a couple of hours - it will almost certainly have crashed when you return. It doesn't seem to matter what other programs are open or what is in the clipboard.

Nice program, but this makes it very difficult to use.

alexa

Post by alexa » Mon 12 Feb 2018 11:08

We will try fixing this in the next product build.