7.3: Problem with saved data comparison

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and administration tools for MySQL
Patrick8639

7.3: Problem with saved data comparison

Post by Patrick8639 » Mon 11 Dec 2017 09:09

Hello,
When I open a saved data comparison, version 7.3 now shows first the comparison window, instead of starting the comparison.

The problem is that, if I immediately click on the Compare button, the Mapping settings are ignored. I had to click on Mapping to have them taken into account.

In addtion, if I click Mapping and the Compare, the comparison is marked as modified, even if I don't change anything. The same appears on schema comparison for a while.
Last edited by Patrick8639 on Fri 15 Dec 2017 07:32, edited 1 time in total.

alexa

Re: 7.3: Problem with savec data comparison

Post by alexa » Mon 11 Dec 2017 17:29

When I open a saved data comparison, version 7.3 now shows first the comparison window, instead of starting the comparison.
This is the new behavior of v7.3.
The problem is that, if I immediately click on the Compare button, the Mapping settings are ignored. I had to click on Mapping to have them taken into account.
Could you please clarify what settings exactly are ignored? Screenshots would be also of help. You can send a reply straight to our support system at alexaATdevartDOTcom and supportATdevartDOTcom .
In addtion, if I click Mapping and the Compare, the comparison is marked as modified, even if I don't change anything. The same appears on schema comparison for a while.
We will investigate this issue and will answer you as soon as possible.

Patrick8639

Post by Patrick8639 » Tue 12 Dec 2017 07:14

Hi Alexa,
In the comparison wirard window, there are 3 steps, at the left: "Source and Target", "Options" and "Mapping". in my saved comparison, not all objects are selected in "Mapping".
If I directly click on the Compare button, all the objects are compared. If I click at the left on "Mapping" and then on Compare, only the selected objects are compared.
I can't send you a print screen, because, when clicking on "Mapping", the display shows my selection.

alexa

Post by alexa » Tue 12 Dec 2017 18:02

You can send a reply straight to our support system at alexaATdevartDOTcom and supportATdevartDOTcom .

Patrick8639

Re: 7.3: Problem with saved data comparison

Post by Patrick8639 » Mon 26 Feb 2018 06:34

Hi Alexa,
I signaled this bug more than two months ago, there have been 2 updates since and this annoying bug is always here.
Do you have a date for the correction?

alexa

Re: 7.3: Problem with saved data comparison

Post by alexa » Mon 26 Feb 2018 09:20

Sorry for the delay on this.

Due to the fact that fixing this issue requires significant changes in the application's code, we decided to put it on the next version 7.4.

We will notify you once it's available for downloading.

Sorry for the inconvenience.