MySQL Error 1114

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and administration tools for MySQL
Stoull

MySQL Error 1114

Post by Stoull » Wed 18 Oct 2017 22:27

Hello.

When i attempt to change table in MySQL database it gives me an error like: 'MySQL Error 1114'
What's the problem? What should I do?

alexa

Re: MySQL Error 1114

Post by alexa » Thu 19 Oct 2017 12:48

Could you please provide us a screenshot of the error and specify what version of the MySQL server you are using?

Also, please select 'Help -> About...' from the main menu and provide us a screenshot of the dialog.

Additionally, please perform the following:
1. Select 'Tools -> Options...' from the main menu. The 'Options' window opens.
2. Navigate to the 'Environment -> Output' branch.
3. Select the 'Write queries sent by the program to the SQL Log' and 'Log application errors' options.
4. Unselect the 'Delete application log after closing' option. Click 'OK'.
5. Reproduce the issue.
6. Send us the *.log file with the latest date from the folder:

Code: Select all

%SystemDrive%\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\Devart\dbForge Studio for MySQL\
You can send a reply straight to our support system at alexaATdevartDOTcom and supportATdevartDOTcom.

ronald002

Post by ronald002 » Tue 24 Oct 2017 18:10

In most cases, the issue involves running out of disk space. By default, limits are not imposed on MySQL tables however there are relatively large maximums inherent to the database and those maximums have not been the issue in our experience. If you are seeing this error, first check the disk space on the partition to ensure that this is not the cause of the error. If disk space is not a concern, check the variable innodb_data_file_path to see if a maximum table size has been set explicitly. For better suggestion on issues related with MySQL recovery have a look to this thread: https://www.fixtoolbox.com/repairtoolformysql.html

alexa

Post by alexa » Thu 26 Oct 2017 08:59

This is the error of the MySQL server which is passed over to dbForge. So, dbForge just displays it. We recommend you to refer to dedicated MySQL forums in the Internet on this.

misterbaanu

Post by misterbaanu » Sat 28 Oct 2017 04:35

While browsing for the solution of MySQL Error 1114, I have got some random post with solved example. As alexa suggested, here is one post that could help.

BIOSTALL