Point to different my.cnf

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and administration tools for MySQL
fraser.turner

Point to different my.cnf

Post by fraser.turner » Thu 31 Aug 2017 13:44

I've just setup a Centos7 server with MariaDB 10.2.8 which created a my.cnf file in /etc that tells the system to load up the configuration files in /etc/my.cnf.d folder which contains the file server.cnf which contains all the settings.

Problem I'm having, is how do I setup dbForge Studio to use that file instead of the default /etc/my.cnf?

Thanks for any help.

.jp
Devart Team

Re: Point to different my.cnf

Post by .jp » Thu 31 Aug 2017 14:57

Hello,

Thanks for the post!

So far, dbForge Studio for MySQL v7.2 supports the MariaDB server up to the 10.0 version.
Please have a look at the following link https://www.devart.com/dbforge/mysql/st ... ments.html.
We're going to support MariaDB v10.1 and v10.2 in the next version of the product.

Best Regards.

fraser.turner

Post by fraser.turner » Thu 31 Aug 2017 15:24

I understand the version part which hasn't been an issue for me. Its telling Forge Studio where the my.cnf file is if it is not in the default location of /etc/ folder on the linux server. If I'm using MySQL Workbench, it has a setting that allows me to set the location of and the name of the cnf file that mariadb/mysql uses at startup.

Fraser

fraser.turner

Post by fraser.turner » Thu 31 Aug 2017 15:55

Problem solved, I restarted dbforge and it then picked up on the location of the system.cnf file automagically.

Fraser

alexa

Post by alexa » Fri 01 Sep 2017 13:44

Thank you for updating us on this issue,

Please let us know if any questions arise.