SSH Connection

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and administration tools for MySQL
markldavison

SSH Connection

Post by markldavison » Mon 28 Nov 2016 20:15

Hi,

I am trying to connect to a DB using an SSH connection. I have created the keys and I can connect great using PuTTY.

When I try to connect from dbForge I get the error:

Can't connect to SSH server on 'xx.xx.xx.xx': Server does not support hmac-sha1 for mac.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me please?

Thanks.

alexa

Re: SSH Connection

Post by alexa » Tue 29 Nov 2016 11:31

Could you please send us the sshd_config file and the result of the following command being executed in the console:

Code: Select all

sshd -T
You can send a reply straight to our support system at supportATdevartDOTcom and alexaATdevartDOTcom

Toledo

Post by Toledo » Thu 19 Jan 2017 18:21

If you use "MACs" option in "sshd_config" file, add in this line "hmac-sha1" option. I had the same problem and this option solved my problem.

hanskohls

Post by hanskohls » Wed 15 Feb 2017 18:25

In all fairness, I find it quite sad that what is probably the best db manangement tool I have seen for MySQL relies on the deprecated SHA1.

I have to ask my clients to add this to the sshd_conf where SHA1 is by default now replaced with SHA2-512 or SHA2-256. Some of them have a right go at me as all the other tools they use seem to work fine without it.

alexa

Post by alexa » Thu 16 Feb 2017 10:49

We are planning to support SHA2-512 or SHA2-256 in the next product version.

alexa

Post by alexa » Mon 15 May 2017 15:54

We would like to let you know that we have released dbForge Studio for MySQL, v7.2.63 where this feature is supported https://www.devart.com/dbforge/mysql/st ... nload.html

Thank you for your help in improving dbForge Studio for MySQL.