Project-to-DB Synchronization tool issue

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and administration tools for MySQL
SaanichGAS

Project-to-DB Synchronization tool issue

Post by SaanichGAS » Wed 27 Apr 2016 18:29

When using the Schema Synchronization tool to sync changes made to a project out to a database, I've run across a couple of issues:

Firstly, If I declare a table column with a datatype datetime(6) with a default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP(6), the synchronization will be confused by this definition.

For example, consider:

Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE mytable (
  id bigint(20) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  createddate datetime(6) NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP(6),
  lastmodifieddate datetime(6) NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP(6) ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP(6),
  PRIMARY KEY (id)
)
Both the source project and the target database have identical definitions, but the schema sync shows that there are differences: in particular the source definition for the createddate line looks like this:

createddate DATETIME(6) NOT NULL DEFAULT )
Note the missing CURRENT_TIMESTAMP(6 piece. Again, the source project sql file has the correct definition.

Secondly, I have a column that leverages the new 5.7 features of JSON support and stored generated columns.

Consider the following snippet:

CREATE TABLE mytable (
  id bigint(20) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  logdata JSON DEFAULT NULL,
  someid VARCHAR(50) AS (json_unquote(json_extract(`logdata`,'$.SomeId'))) STORED NOT NULL
  PRIMARY KEY (id)
)
In this case the sync tool does not include the the generated column definition at all on the source side.

Of course, following through with the synchronization would cause issues so in my mind the sync tool is effectively broken.

alexa

Re: Project-to-DB Synchronization tool issue

Post by alexa » Thu 28 Apr 2016 10:39

We will fix this issue in the next product build and will notify you once it's available for downloading.

alexa

Re: Project-to-DB Synchronization tool issue

Post by alexa » Thu 10 Nov 2016 18:15

We would like to let you know that we have released dbForge Studio for MySQL, v7.2 where the issue you reported is fixed https://www.devart.com/dbforge/mysql/st ... nload.html

Thank you for your help in improving dbForge Studio for MySQL.