Data generator how-to question?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and administration tools for MySQL
jmc53

Data generator how-to question?

Post by jmc53 » Fri 18 Mar 2016 13:46

Hello, I've downloaded the trial version of the generator to see if it can meet our needs. I apologize in advance for asking what is probably a simple question, coding is not my specific expertise.

The generator has a useful Birth Date Generator that allows us to tweak the ranges and mix of dates thru editing the xml file. Now I need to generate a Death Date field that is greater than the Birth Date and also be able to tweak the ranges and % mix of dates for each range.

Where would I get access to the generator code used by the Birth Date Generator so I can also add a date of death? Is this possible?

Thanks, MC

alexa

Re: Data generator how-to question?

Post by alexa » Fri 18 Mar 2016 15:02

This can be achieved by selecting 'Weighted List (ranged) - ranged values list with specified frequency of occurrence' in the 'Generator' menu where you will be able to specify 'Weight', 'From' and 'To' dates.

jmc53

Post by jmc53 » Fri 18 Mar 2016 17:27

Using the Weighted List (ranged) would make the date of death dependent on the date of birth rather than age which doesn't seem real to me. I could be missing something.

It's more that x% will die between 0 and 10, say, .5 %, while 90% of people > age 80.

I"m thinking something like the Birth Date Generator where I can set the weights for each age, independent of the DOB.

Thanks, MC

alexa

Post by alexa » Mon 21 Mar 2016 13:29

You can create the 'Death Date.xml' file with the content copied from the file below:

Code: Select all

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Devart\dbForge Data Generator for MySQL\Data Generators\Birth Date.xml
After you copied the content into the 'Death Date.xml' file, you have to replace corresponding values in this file and place the file to the same folder as 'Birth Date.xml'.

As a result, you will be able to select the newly created template in dbForge.

jmc53

Post by jmc53 » Mon 21 Mar 2016 15:04

Yes, that was the first thing I tried, problem is you can have date of death before dob, or 150 years later. DOD has to be after DoB and then based on what would be a normal population life span.

alexa

Post by alexa » Tue 22 Mar 2016 13:29

We e-mailed you with a resolution of the issue.

aditikanungo26

Post by aditikanungo26 » Tue 30 Jun 2020 06:33

Hi Team,
I am also having similar scenario. Could you please provide me the solution to this kind of problem

alexa

Post by alexa » Tue 30 Jun 2020 07:18

The instructions are sent by e-mail.