connection not found

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and administration tools for MySQL
molino

connection not found

Post by molino » Tue 21 Jul 2015 08:30

Hello,

when starting dbForge I'm always getting the message that no connection with UserID=root; Host=localhost and Character Set=utf8 could be found. So I choose to select a connection from the existing ones where a connection with exactly the named parameter values is listed.

I have also assigned a new database connection via the project explorer but it didn't helped. And the save project option is mostly always grayed out. There were already some situations where I hoped that the save operation would be available - regardless if dbforge thinks that it is not required.

Best regards

alexa

Re: connection not found

Post by alexa » Tue 21 Jul 2015 11:38

After you assigned a new connection to the project, when closing dbForge, you'll be asked whether you want to save changes in the project. You would need to click 'Yes' in the dialog confirming you want to save changes. Next time you open dbForge, you shouldn't be asked to select a connection.

molino

Post by molino » Tue 21 Jul 2015 15:48

Hello,

just tested several times. I assign a connection and close dbForge. There is no question if I want to save the changes. Like said in the first post the save option is grayed out. So dbforge does not notice that there has something changed and will therefore not ask for saving. Maybe because the parameter values are the same already stored...

alexa

Post by alexa » Tue 21 Jul 2015 16:56

Thank you for the reply.

Could you please let us know what version of dbForge you are using and describe the way you are assigning a new connection to the project? Screenshots would be also of help.

You can send a reply straight to our support system at supportATdevartDOTcom and alexaATdevartDOTcom

alexa

Post by alexa » Mon 15 May 2017 16:07

We would like to let you know that we have released dbForge Studio for MySQL, v7.2.63 where the issue you reported is fixed https://www.devart.com/dbforge/mysql/st ... nload.html

Thank you for your help in improving dbForge Studio for MySQL.