"Data Import finished successfully" but no data

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and administration tools for MySQL
GHenry

"Data Import finished successfully" but no data

Post by GHenry » Fri 23 Jan 2015 19:39

I have just started working with dbForge for MySQL.

I am using the datapump to import a csv file into an existing, empty, table in a MySQL database. The message is "Data Import finished successfully" but the table is still empty.

Am I missing something obvious?

alexa

Re: "Data Import finished successfully" but no data

Post by alexa » Mon 26 Jan 2015 09:56

Please check that you are using the latest build 6.3.339 of dbForge Studio for MySQL.

If the issue still persists in the latest product build, please provide us the following information:

1. A sample of the imported file.
2. *.dit data import template file with your specific settings. To generate the .dit file, please complete the Data Import wizard and click the 'Save Template' button being on the last page of the Data Import wizard.
3. The CREATE definition of the table into which you were importing data.
4. Screenshot of the error message.

GHenry

Post by GHenry » Mon 26 Jan 2015 14:05

I was getting an error message about null values in one column (a field that auto-numbers in the destination). During the import I was asked if I wanted to ignore the error and proceed. I did proceed. The thing that confused me was that the status at the end said "1 Error, 0 Warnings, 2264 Rows Imported"

I was able to solve the problem by populating that column with a sequential number in the source. After doing that, it loaded OK.

However, it loaded only 1000 rows of the 2264 rows in my import file. Is that a limitation built into the Express Edition?

alexa

Post by alexa » Mon 26 Jan 2015 14:34

Unfortunately, we would still need you to provide us the requested information in order to reproduce the issue on our side.

You can send a reply straight to our support system at supportATdevartDOTcom

mithanbabag

Post by mithanbabag » Fri 30 Jan 2015 07:15

i people,

I'm evaluating dbForge schema for Sql Server for my company and I'm having some problems when comparing my development database (source) with my production database (target):

1. Some views are pointed as different but they are exactly the same.

2. Some stored procedures are encrypted in production and apparently the application are unable to read them but I check the option "Decrypt encrypted objects" in the comparison properties.

One of our main points in buy this software is to have an applications that handles the sync between this two databases as easily and fast as possible. If we have to carefully examine all items of the comparison each time we perform this operation the software will not be useful.

alexa

Post by alexa » Fri 30 Jan 2015 10:33

1. Some views are pointed as different but they are exactly the same.
Could you please provide us the comparison options you had specified on the 'Options' page when performing schema compare? You can export the settings to a file by clicking the 'Save settings to a command line arguments file..' link on the 'Options' page of the comparison wizard or simply provide us the generated *.scomp schema comparison document.

Please also provide us the synchronization script or at least the part of the synchronization script with the objects that are determined by dbForge as different.

Additionally, please provide us the CREATE definitions of the Source and Target objects that are determined by dbForge as different.
2. Some stored procedures are encrypted in production and apparently the application are unable to read them but I check the option "Decrypt encrypted objects" in the comparison properties.
In order to decrypt the stored routines, please try using another our product dbForge SQL Decryptor http://www.devart.com/dbforge/sql/sqlde ... nload.html

You can send a reply straight to our support system at supportATdevartDOTcom

alexa

Post by alexa » Fri 30 Jan 2015 13:20

“Data Import finished successfully” but no data ----- Note: This is the message I received from the version of dbForge I downloaded on Friday. I upgraded to 6.3.339 later in the day and the message changed to something like “import failed” but the status still showed that the rows had been added to the table.
You shouldn't map anything for the 'auto_id' column on the 'Mapping' page of the Data Import wizard, because the 'auto_id' column has the 'Autoincrement' property enabled.