Trouble with the PL/SQL debugger

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for Oracle
fburleigh

Trouble with the PL/SQL debugger

Post by fburleigh » Sun 06 Aug 2006 02:22

Hello. I've been looking for a good Oracle tool for a while. I've installed your IDE-embedded tool for BDS 4.0; it's pretty nice. But now I've also installed Ora Tools because I need to develop PL/SQL packages and their bodies. And I need to debug them.

Is Ora Tools your offering for those purposes, or could packages be developed and debugged in the IDE-embedded tool?

Also I should report that when I push the debugger button in OraDesigner, and after a short delay, I get an Oratools error window with what looks like an Oracle error stack:

Ora- 23321 Pipename may not be null
Ora-06512 at sys.dbms_sys_error, line 86
Ora-06512 at sys.dbms_sys_pipe, line 128
Ora-06512 at sys.dbms_pbrpr, line 65
Ora-06512 at sys.dbms_dbms_debug, line 694
Ora-06512 at line 2

I tried another route: open OraExplorer, find a package, find a proc within a package, choose to debug it. OraExplorer opens a window asking for the IN param (it has the correct name and type), I give it a correct response, but then I get an Oratools error "programmer's error: synchronize status is 29."

The server is 10.2.0.2 with July CPU installed. The client machine's software matches. The Oratools was downloaded and installed today from your site.

Thanks for any suggestions. I am hoping to find a nice tool set--not too complicated, not to complex GUI.

Duke
Devart Team

Post by Duke » Mon 07 Aug 2006 06:39

Actually we have two products embedding to BDS for Oracle developers.
First is OraTools. It is not developed anymore. You cannot count on major improvements in it's functionality.
Second is called OraDeveloper Tools for Delphi. It's supported and developed. Now we are working on version 2.0 that will include PL/SQL debugger and many other useful features. For more information refer to http://www.crlab.com/oradevtools

fburleigh

Post by fburleigh » Mon 07 Aug 2006 11:40

Duke wrote:Actually we have two products embedding to BDS for Oracle developers.
First is OraTools. It is not developed anymore. You cannot count on major improvements in it's functionality.
Second is called OraDeveloper Tools for Delphi. It's supported and developed. Now we are working on version 2.0 that will include PL/SQL debugger and many other useful features. For more information refer to http://www.crlab.com/oradevtools
Thanks for much. So, right now the OraDev for Delphi does not include debugging so I would also need OraTools. Right?

And so you know, I was able to run the OraTools debugger by granting (in the database) debug permissions for the schema. I was not however able to actually stew through the pl/sql. It may be it has to be compiled with debug into.

Duke
Devart Team

Post by Duke » Mon 07 Aug 2006 14:09

For stepping into the PL/SQL code and setting breakpoints you need to compile it with debug information.

dhoom

Re: Trouble with the PL/SQL debugger

Post by dhoom » Sat 25 Oct 2014 09:45

Thank you for the feedback. We'll take you suggestions into account. We have already included some of them into our near plans.

Whether you want to pass rhcsa certification exam exams or looking for Alabama Agricultural and Mechanical University certification, our Face book can provide guaranteed success in real exam of You tube, California Institute of Technology training are also having unique sense.